Sophomore Leap | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sophomore Leap

Bell doesn’t need to be a football player he needs core and leg strength so he doesn’t get pushed around so easily. Thats muscle development that isn’t visible while they’re running around the court.

We don’t need freshman Brandon Triche’s running around with Sean Tucker muscle.
In the paint we do, but if you’re talking about converting him to a SG, maybe.

In the paint we do, but if you’re talking about converting him to a SG, maybe.
He’ll never be a paint guy imo, square peg.

He doesn’t have the basketball ability that Copeland has imo. But he is a talented pull up player and that’s important to have when you’re trying to draw defenders to free the lane for those paint players, slashers and guards who can drive like Judah

He’ll never be a paint guy imo, square peg.

He doesn’t have the basketball ability that Copeland has imo. But he is a talented pull up player and that’s important to have when you’re trying to draw defenders to free the lane for those paint players, slashers and guards who can drive like Judah
Think JT gives you some of those things as well, with more effort. His shot got a bit more hitch-y as the season went on, but that’s fixable

Think JT gives you some of those things as well, with more effort.
Would be all in on JT if he becomes more aggressive. Defers a lot of good looks but he’ll mature into it. Doesn’t help that the leash is short too

Would be all in on JT if he becomes more aggressive. Defers a lot of good looks but he’ll mature into it. Doesn’t help that the leash is short too
Agree completely

If he improves from the corners he’s a 35%+ three point shooter, and he has the ability to score 12 ft and out. He draws defenders and doesn’t pass up on open looks. I wouldn’t say he’s a black hole by any means, but he needs to add muscle for any potential to create his own shot.

I don’t see the point in throwing away solid perimeter threats who may be willing to put in the work to develop further. Yes he’s a liability on defense but nobody said he needed to start or play starter minutes.
That would all be great, but he’s done nothing other than “doesn’t pass up open looks” that you wrote. We see two completely different players, I see a guy who has no business playing on a P5 roster, you see something completely different.

This is where you lose me, how can you paint Bell into something he isn’t yet say this about JT? You don’t see how it makes no sense? It’s like you’re taking random scouting reports then randomly assigning them to random players. There’s no logic behind it.

That would all be great, but he’s done nothing other than “doesn’t pass up open looks” that you wrote. We see two completely different players, I see a guy who has no business playing on a P5 roster, you see something completely different.
20+ d1 coaches + me see a difference. If he transfers, it’s not going to be to LeMoyne. He’s a good piece for a p5 but we’re a poorly coached team with a bunch of square pegs in round holes.

20+ d1 coaches + me see a difference. If he transfers, it’s not going to be to LeMoyne. He’s a good piece for a p5 but we’re a poorly coached team with a bunch of square pegs in round holes.
We were his best offer by far, so with what he showed this season would get him into a better program? I’m not following, just because you’re not a P5 player doesn’t mean you go to LeMoyne.

We were his best offer by far, so with what he showed this season would get him into a better program? I’m not following, just because you’re not a P5 player doesn’t mean you go to LeMoyne.
You just arguing to argue at this point? He had several major conference offers. He’s clearly a p5 calibre prospect? Offers from FSU, USC, OU, Maryland, South Carolina.. list goes on

Never said he’d upgrade but if he’d left itd be to a p5.

Kid’s has potential and im just saying I would not write him off yet.

Change of pace from transition talk …

If all the freshmen return (I know they all won’t) I think Quadir makes the biggest leap next yr with Taylor a close 2nd

Q is a monster on D in practice has crazy energy and an MCW game. If he develops a little floater look out. Won’t have the JB quick hook - think there is something special that could develop with him.
I think Quadir’s potential is sky high. It may take some time but hopefully can be a key guy or at least a key reserve next season.

Bell definitely projects as a useful player. He does nothing but shoot but the Southerland comparison is apt in what his role should become.

Taylor is still finding what exactly he does best as a scorer, but the ability to hit difficult shots is there. He feels like a guy who could become ~13ppg scorer on a good team, possibly as soon as next year. Any development in terms of putting the ball on the floor with him would really elevate his scoring potential.

We really need Copeland to develop into a secondary ball handler. It was only in exhibition but he showed phenomenal vision and passing ability before the season started. Don't know why that totally fell off and he became turnover machine when season started, but I still believe in him. If Judah returns and we don't add any significant pieces at guard, I still see a scenario where Copeland could become an excellent starter next to Judah.

Brown feels like a guy who could be this player his entire career, which is fine, because he's already quite good.