Sorry if... | Syracusefan.com

Sorry if...

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
This has been made as a thread before now.

But seriously weak on the students/fans to rush the court yesterday. Come on, act like we've been there before.

For F's sake they lost the game before us.

This has been made as a thread before now.

But seriously weak on the students/fans to rush the court yesterday. Come on, act like we've been there before.

For F's sake they lost the game before us.

This thread has been made like 3 times now, lol.

Boeheim was asked about it in the post game presser and he said he liked it and it's a good thing and it's good for people to be excited. He said it beats them leaving at halftime.

Syracuse fans have stormed the court after wins over far lesser opponents many times in the past. For whatever reason, our student fans have never been all that discerning when deciding whether to storm the court or not.

This thread has been made like 3 times now, lol.

Boeheim was asked about it in the post game presser and he said he liked it and it's a good thing and it's good for people to be excited. He said it beats them leaving at halftime.

Syracuse fans have stormed the court after wins over far lesser opponents many times in the past. For whatever reason, our student fans have never been all that discerning when deciding whether to storm the court or not.
I was thinking the thread had been started, but I was looking through the forum and couldn't find one specifically about court storming.

I will agree with Jimmy B that storming the court is better then leaving at halftime.

I was thinking the thread had been started, but I was looking through the forum and couldn't find one specifically about court storming.

I will agree with Jimmy B that storming the court is better then leaving at halftime.

I know the first one got deleted yesterday.

SU students have stormed in the past for ND, Rutgers(this seriously happened the last game of 2003...a very small storming but they were out there), Pitt, Missouri, Georgetown multiple times in the 2000s in seasons where they were better than us but we had long surpassed them as an overall program. UConn in 2000 and 2004, when they were a great program but we were basically equals in the overall college bball landscape. I'm probably forgetting some. Pretty sure we didn't storm the court when we beat Duke or UNC in 2014. I think our students look at it with a different lens than us. Most of them don't have the historical knowledge beyond the time they came to SU, they just know at the time if it's a game we're "supposed to win" or not.

When I was in school - both high school and college - walking on the court in anything but sneakers was highly discouraged because of the damage it caused. Are courts made differently now , more indestructible, less vulnerable to damage? After games they would even have volunteers stationed to discourage anyone putting their tootsies on the court. Is that concern now as outdated as I am? :p

People b*tch when the students don't show up, then they b*tch when they storm the court. :noidea:
Some people bitch about students not showing up. Some people bitch about court storming. I'm not a member of both of those groups. So move along.

I am in the minority I know but our program should not be storming the court.
If we think we are an elite program we should never feel the need to act like we haven't been there before.
It has nothing to do with b*tching. It is all about the program. People can disagree. I don't care if we have struggled this year we went to the Final Four last year. I guess as TrueBlue said we don't have a student section that knows our history.
Storm the court but I just think it shows how much a chip on a shoulder our fanbase has. Elite programs don't storm the court when winning at home.

If we think we are an elite program we should never feel the need to act like we haven't been there before.
It has nothing to do with b*tching. It is all about the program. People can disagree. I don't care if we have struggled this year we went to the Final Four last year. I guess as TrueBlue said we don't have a student section that knows our history.
Storm the court but I just think it shows how much a chip on a shoulder our fanbase has. Elite programs don't storm the court when winning at home.
I'd love to see a national poll of sports fans and media to see if they consider Syracuse basketball an elite program.

When you start an overrated chant with an entire 2nd half to go, not really.

Yep.

Well, as long as we never reflect the arrogance and d bagginess of the Duke student section I don't care much other than a sigh or two.

When you start an overrated chant with an entire 2nd half to go, not really.
That happened?

raw

I'd love to see a national poll of sports fans and media to see if they consider Syracuse basketball an elite program.
Not directed at the OP but, is this even a question anywhere but here? Really?
Our record certainly speaks for itself, and outside of the "Golden" 5-7 programs; Duke, UNC, KU, UK, UCLA, IU, I'd certainly say we're "elite", depending on one's true definition of that word.
We're in that 2nd tier w/ UL, UConn, and some others- but most definitely we have elite status. I'm always flabbergasted why this is even a question. We've earned that designation, but some seem reluctant to claim it. JMHO

Last edited:
When I was in school - both high school and college - walking on the court in anything but sneakers was highly discouraged because of the damage it caused. Are courts made differently now , more indestructible, less vulnerable to damage? After games they would even have volunteers stationed to discourage anyone putting their tootsies on the court. Is that concern now as outdated as I am? :p

It should be that way, but sadly I don't think it is. People are just dumber and less respectful now. Ive been to high school games in two different gyms recently where random high school kids from the stands were out on the court at halftime jacking shots up while the AD and other staff sat there and didn't bat an eye. What? Why kids would think they're entitled to do that, and why the adults would allow them to do so is beyond me. You want to step on that court during a game, then make the team. Otherwise, keep your dirty boots and sneakers in the stands and sit and watch like you're there to do.

I recall years back that there was a specific effort to improve our student section. I think this needs to be done again. I truly think it's just not a very knowledgeable or particularly enthusiastic group, which is so different from our local fanbase...which in the scheme of things is very knowledgeable and into it. There's got to be some type of leadership formed to step things up in the student section department.

Swap Kansas for L'Ville and this a pretty good list.

But no way L'Ville is 2 and Kansas 8 ... that's just wrong.

That list was only since 2000 and it factored in some random metrics like the programs revenue and the results of a student survey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom