Sorry if... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry if...

Not directed at the OP but, is this even a question anywhere but here? Really?
Our record certainly speaks for itself, and outside of the "Golden" 5-7 programs; Duke, UNC, KU, UK, UCLA, IU, I'd certainly say we're "elite", depending on one's true definition of that word.
We're in that 2nd tier w/ UL, UConn, and some others- but most definitely we have elite status. I'm always flabbergasted why this is even a question. We've earned that designation, but some seem reluctant to claim it. JMHO

Agreed. Id throw Michigan State and Arizona in as some more of our peers. And really, we've been better than Indiana most of the time for like 20+ seasons now.

Our peer programs right now are Nova/Zona/MSU in my opinion

Kansas/Kentucky/UNC/Duke/Louisville all perform above us at the moment.

Swap Kansas for L'Ville and this a pretty good list.

But no way L'Ville is 2 and Kansas 8 ... that's just wrong.

Louisville at 8 would be too low as well. They have been pretty dominant, I'd say. Certainly since Don Pitino.

Agreed. Id throw Michigan State and Arizona in as some more of our peers. And really, we've been better than Indiana most of the time for like 20+ seasons now.
Indiana is old money but they have 5 NCAA titles.
I put us in the 9-10th alltime.
UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina top 5.
Indiana, UConn, Louisville 6-8.
Villanova, Syracuse, Arizona, Michigan State, Florida, UNLV, Georgetown, Michigan next tier.

Indiana is old money but they have 5 NCAA titles.
I put us in the 9-10th alltime.
UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina top 5.
Indiana, UConn, Louisville 6-8.
Villanova, Syracuse, Arizona, Michigan State, Florida, UNLV, Georgetown, Michigan next tier.

Really irritates me that Villanova has more titles than us, and that they got them in decades where we were usually better than them. We were usually better in the 80s and had more teams capable of winning the title, and same thing in the 2010's. Pisses me off more than irritates me, actually.

Louisville at 8 would be too low as well. They have been pretty dominant, I'd say. Certainly since Don Pitino.

Maybe a little bit, I just threw out a quick swap. But 8 is closer to where they should be than 2.

Fully believe Indiana's beneath us if we're talking in the here and now. They haven't done anything in decades, the are not that significant of a recruiting threat compared to our peers, and they have an incompetent/lesser coach.

Only people on a basketball forum could bit$& about students storming the court. The students don't care about the programs history or stature...they care about having fun and making memories which is exactly what they did yesterday...and I say good for them.

This has been made as a thread before now.

But seriously weak on the students/fans to rush the court yesterday. Come on, act like we've been there before.

For F's sake they lost the game before us.

Bruh, they haven't been there, they are students. Many are probably underclassmen.

It should be that way, but sadly I don't think it is. People are just dumber and less respectful now. Ive been to high school games in two different gyms recently where random high school kids from the stands were out on the court at halftime jacking shots up while the AD and other staff sat there and didn't bat an eye. What? Why kids would think they're entitled to do that, and why the adults would allow them to do so is beyond me. You want to step on that court during a game, then make the team. Otherwise, keep your dirty boots and sneakers in the stands and sit and watch like you're there to do.
Crumugeon.
We did that when I was a kid. And other kid's did It when I played.
It was a long standing "tradition", for lack of a better term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom