Sounds like the Pinstripe Bowl will go to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Sounds like the Pinstripe Bowl will go to the ACC

ACC Football News@accfootballnews 36m
One bowl likely to team with the ACC is the Yankee Stadium-based Pinstripe.
pic.jpg

This should be on John Swofford's door like NOW. The news keeps getting better and better.

Commissioner John Swofford has appointed a committee of athletic directors, including Virginia Tech’s Jim Weaver, to study bowl options. With Notre Dame eligible for non-playoff bowls affiliated with the ACC, those options should improve.
One bowl likely to team with the ACC is the
Yankee Stadium-based Pinstripe. With Syracuse, Pitt, Boston College and Notre Dame in the conference’s mix, the connection is a natural. The Pinstripe has matched teams from the Big East and Big 12, and the ACC probably would replace the Big East.

Big 12?? I wouldn't be too quick to jump to the conclusion that the Pinstripe Bowl will continue its affiliation with the Dustbowl League. Don't forget the appeal of Rutgers to Big Apple pigskin fans. It's right up there with...Fordham?

Big 12?? I wouldn't be too quick to jump to the conclusion that the Pinstripe Bowl will continue its affiliation with the Dustbowl League. Don't forget the appeal of Rutgers to Big Apple pigskin fans. It's right up there with...Fordham?
Go rams?

Sure, maybe the Rutties have an overinflated senso of worth. But lets not underestimate the amount of draw that Michigan, Ohio State and the other hicks from French Lick have in NYC.

Sure, maybe the Rutties have an overinflated senso of worth. But lets not underestimate the amount of draw that Michigan, Ohio State and the other hicks from French Lick have in NYC.

I'm sure the Pinstripe would much rather have the Big 10 over the Big 12. Not sure the state of agreement with the Big 12, or what the Big 10 might have to bump to get there (if anything). But would seem shocking if those conversations aren't happening to match up newly configured ACC and newly configured B1G.

I'm sure the Pinstripe would much rather have the Big 10 over the Big 12. Not sure the state of agreement with the Big 12, or what the Big 10 might have to bump to get there (if anything). But would seem shocking if those conversations aren't happening to match up newly configured ACC and newly configured B1G.

I bet they'd take ND with anybody for plan A...

Basically, after realignment the northeast has become contested territory pitting the B1G vs. the ACC.

Geographically you have Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland vs. Syracuse, Pitt and BC.

In terms of displaced and/or national fan bases you have Michigan and Ohio State vs. UNC, Duke and Notre Dame.

It'll be a fascinating dynamic to watch play out.

Basically, after realignment the northeast has become contested territory pitting the B1G vs. the ACC.

Geographically you have Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland vs. Syracuse, Pitt and BC.

In terms of displaced and/or national fan bases you have Michigan and Ohio State vs. UNC, Duke and Notre Dame.

It'll be a fascinating dynamic to watch play out.
fascinating is right.

as far as the Pinstripe goes, the b1g is already in bed with YES and by extension, the Yankees, i cant imagine them not becoming the other conf.

could see the Pinstripe throwing some $$muscle around and try and match up the 3s, or the 4s at worst.

throw in the ACC tourny at MSG 1x every 3 years or so and the circle will be complete. (queue maniacal laugh)

Michigan and Ohio State would be a good draw no doubt. If they had a bad enough year to "earn" a berth in the Pinstripe Bowl. More often than not, a B1G opponent is likely to come from Champaign-Urbana, Iowa City or West Lafayette. Rutgers would have to have one heck of a good year to get the nod for the Pinstripe. I don't see it happening often.

How ironic is that? Rutgers is picked to "deliver" the NYC market, but would likely never play well enough to make the bowl in their "hometown"