Source: G & Arcidiacono Training & Rooming Together | Syracusefan.com

Source: G & Arcidiacono Training & Rooming Together

iommi

Living Legend
A source very close to Ryan Arcidiacono tells me that Arch and Michael Gbinije have been training for the next level together in Maryland. While they've been training together they've become fast friends and have been rooming together as well.

Another interesting nugget is that Arch already has a lucrative $700k offer to play in Italy.

I haven't read this stuff elsewhere and thought it was some interesting info.

Last edited:
A source very close to Ryan Arcidiacono tells me that Arch and Michael Gbinije have been training for the next level together in Maryland. While they've been training together they've become fast friends and have been rooming together as well.

Another interesting nugget is that Arch already had a lucrative $700k offer to play in Italy.

As opposed to the other kind of (non-lucrative?) $700k offer? :p

Archie's a made man. :cool:

Another interesting nugget is that Arch already has a lucrative $700k offer to play in Italy.

Maybe Arch is teaching G to foul properly without getting called.

But my outside source (Post Standard: Syracuse.com) tells me in the article linked below that Mike has been working out with "Gbinije's Los Angeles-based trainer, former Orange basketball walk-on Rob McClanaghan, advised Gbinije that five days in May do not equal the extent of his career or define his potential NBA worth."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...draft_combine_a_place.html#incart_river_index

I don't know if it's McClanaghan who is currently training G and Arch but why would this very well-dressed college coach lie to one of his best friends in the world (not me) about where Arch is training. My source is the coach's good friend and also knows Arch very well. It's not like it's some sort of state secret where they are working out. I just thought it was a fun tidbit that G and Arch have become friends, roommates and training partners.

ChoAojjXAAEfp2r.jpg:large

Ray Brewer ‏@FeatheryRay May 4
Working with two of the best Points Guards in the country this past year #Pitt and #Nova #Predraft2016
1f3c0.png
#Feathery

It cracks me up when some fans talk about college players not making the NBA and going to play overseas as if somehow they have failed. Making 700K to spend six months per year in Italy in your early 20s... that sounds like pure heaven.