South Carolina slapped around UVa | Syracusefan.com

South Carolina slapped around UVa

Sometimes low scoring basketball doesn’t work wen the other team makes shots

The ACC is really down. UVA is offensively challenged. They are going to lose a few more. I haven’t been real impressed with Louisville or Duke either. I have liked the way Duke is starting to play defense. The so-called top teams are not anything special, but I think the middle and back of the conference are very mediocre.

Yikes. ACC might not be getting as many bids as usual this year. The Big 10, Big East, and Pac12 even are going to go deeper than recently on the strength of the OOC.

I think there's 4 locks the way you look at it and then everyone else. Louisville/Duke/FSU/UVA. It's the 4th or 5th best conference depending on what metric you look at with the Big 12, Big Ten, and Big East all better for sure. SEC is debatable.

you mean because we actually score points some games?
The last three seasons we’ve averaged 68.5, 64.7 and 75.1 ppg in the ACC. This team is likely going to be in the 67-69ppg range.

The drop-off in scoring from OOC to conference play has been drastic in some of our recent teams. (10% 2 years ago). I could see that happening this year. We are averaging 75.3ppg OOC.

We’ve played 2 games so far this year, against arguably the best and worst defensive teams in the league. We are averaging 65.5ppg in those games.

The last three seasons we’ve averaged 68.5, 64.7 and 75.1 ppg in the ACC. This team is likely going to be in the 67-69ppg range.

The drop-off in scoring from OOC to conference play has been drastic in some of our recent teams. (10% 2 years ago). I could see that happening this year. We are averaging 75.3ppg OOC.

We’ve played 2 games so far this year, against arguably the best and worst defensive teams in the league. We are averaging 65.5ppg in those games.

I usually agree with you, but Georgia Tech is not the worst defensive team in the league. They gave up 67 to UK and 62 to Arkansas.

BC, Wake, Miami, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech are probably all worse.

maybe we dont score. but the quality of the shots we are taking and the amount of shots we take in the end of the shot clock because thats all we can get is drastically different. Carey vs Girard i night and day in starting the offense.. we still have the miss shot games, but the offense hs an identity now it didnt have the first few games.

maybe we dont score. but the quality of the shots we are taking and the amount of shots we take in the end of the shot clock because thats all we can get is drastically different. Carey vs Girard i night and day in starting the offense.. we still have the miss shot games, but the offense hs an identity now it didnt have the first few games.

Unless you really think Ga Tech was the best reflection of how we'll fare against P5 schools, and those other 4 against P5 schools in that stretch were the outliers, then you should be expecting that offensive identity to melt away a bit once ACC games hit.

The drop off in how we shoot (sub .30 in 3 of 5), rebound (destroyed), pass (1:1 A/TO), and our ability to defend the three, stop the drive, all of it - is really noticeable. We shall struggle mightily against teams that have some athletic ability.

We match up well against really slow, unathletic teams, really, really, well.

Last edited:
Did you see Frank Martin pull Bolden out of the game after he stared down the UVA player that tried to get a charge on him? Martin said he doesn't teach that kind of behavior.

Bolden said the death stare that Martin gave him when he came off the floor scared him.

Unless you really think Ga Tech was the best reflection of how we'll fare against P5 schools, and those other 4 against P5 schools in that stretch were the outliers, then you should be expecting that offensive identity to melt away a bit once ACC games hit.

The drop off in how we shoot (sub .30 in 3 of 5), rebound (destroyed), pass (1:1 A/TO), and our ability to defend the three, stop the drive, all of it - is really noticeable. We shall struggle mightily against teams that have some athletic ability.

We match up well against really slow, unathletic teams, really, really, well.
You are right with the way things happened, but I believe if those P5 games came after a few cupcakes it might have been a different story. The team has improved even if some fail to recognize that.

That's what JB was saying about the early schedule.

You are right with the way things happened, but I believe if those P5 games came after a few cupcakes it might have been a different story. The team has improved even if some fail to recognize that.

That's what JB was saying about the early schedule.

We've improved to a team that can beat Oakland and North Florida by 10? That very poor improvement.

the same N. fl that went to Iowa and lost by 15 and FSU by 17 we beat by 12 so not a drastic difference, FSU will cause havoc because they will be too athletic for some teams

i agree if we shoot 25-30% from the 3 we will struggle against almost anyone.

Bolden said the death stare that Martin gave him when he came off the floor scared him.

frankbooth-bluevelvet.jpg

the same N. fl that went to Iowa and lost by 15 and FSU by 17 we beat by 12 so not a drastic difference, FSU will cause havoc because they will be too athletic for some teams

i agree if we shoot 25-30% from the 3 we will struggle against almost anyone.

All those teams, even against us, used their bench recklessly. Our doomsday scenario is when other teams realize the upside you get if you play your best for 40 minutes. North Florida likely beats us by 12!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom