South Carolina slapped around UVa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

South Carolina slapped around UVa

After watching a fair amount of ACC basketball this year, I'm beginning to think that SU might be able to get to 18-13 in the regular season. Unfortunately, because of how bad the league is, an 18-13 record would not hold the weight that it usually would in a typical year.

Did you see Frank Martin pull Bolden out of the game after he stared down the UVA player that tried to get a charge on him? Martin said he doesn't teach that kind of behavior.

Bolden said the death stare that Martin gave him when he came off the floor scared him.
Martin ranks up there with Tubby Smith, Bobby Knight and a select few others when it comes to staring down players on his own team.

After watching a fair amount of ACC basketball this year, I'm beginning to think that SU might be able to get to 18-13 in the regular season. Unfortunately, because of how bad the league is, an 18-13 record would not hold the weight that it usually would in a typical year.
I agree totally. After Duke, Louisville, FSU, Virginia, and UNC (once Anthony returns) the rest of the ACC has no teams currently locks to make the tournament. Even UNC WITH Anthony is not a lock.

They won it all last year and lost nearly the entire team. Nova had to take a step back the year after both titles as well.

I'm not sure they are a lock to get it together in the ACC. Everyone will play their game of the year against them and that is not a good recipe if you can't go off yourself and hit 70 vs a team with a pulse. Small price to pay for a title though and unless they lose Bennett they'll recruit well for the next couple decades because of it.

the same N. fl that went to Iowa and lost by 15 and FSU by 17 we beat by 12 so not a drastic difference, FSU will cause havoc because they will be too athletic for some teams

i agree if we shoot 25-30% from the 3 we will struggle against almost anyone.
FSU was down 10 to North Florida with about 6 minutes to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom