Sparty or syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Sparty or syracuse?

Marsh01

Living Legend
Who gets the final 3 and who gets buffalo? Thats all we need to worry about right now.
Here ls the thing that i think we have going in out favor as far as getting the Buffalo pod is concerned over sparty.

The BiG game tomorrow is at 3:30. That game will end between 5:30-5:45. There is no way in hell the committee will wait (pod wise i am talking about) until this game ends. I have to think that this has already been decided by the committee and hopefully they put us in the buffalo pod and send sparty packing to spokane. It has to be this way.

Palm is dead wrong with having cincy as the 4 in buffalo. No chance that happens.

Who gets the final 3 and who gets buffalo? Thats all we need to worry about right now.
Here ls the thing that i think we have going in out favor as far as getting the Buffalo pod is concerned over sparty.

The BiG game tomorrow is at 3:30. That game will end between 5:30-5:45. There is no way in hell the committee will wait (pod wise i am talking about) until this game ends. I have to think that this has already been decided by the committee and hopefully they put us in the buffalo pod and send sparty packing to spokane. It has to be this way.

Palm is dead wrong with having cincy as the 4 in buffalo. No chance that happens.
Hate to say it but IMO Sparty's win over Wisconsin today already clinched it for them. We've been playing so poorly for the last 2 1/2 weeks the perception will be we deserve no favors.

could see them giving 1 buffalo, the other gets a closer region to there home either Midwest or south with other going into west bracket

Madbiker said:
Hate to say it but IMO Sparty's win over Wisconsin today already clinched it for them. We've been playing so poorly for the last 2 1/2 weeks the perception will be we deserve no favors.

They are 5-7 since january 25th

This.

But, but... They haven't been healthy! That matters! Can't think of another team apart from Kansas that has suffered an injury to a key player... :rolleyes: ;)

I know. But while we're 2-5 in the last 7 games, Sparty is 4-3 and the Wisconsin is a far better scalp than either of our wins. I'm not disagreeing with you that SU has a case. I just think the committee will go with MSU as the Wisky win is a good win.

Again, it will be interesting to see if the committee does what it's been saying it's going to do (seed based on Overall Body of Work) or not.

I struggled with this decision when I made my final bracket tonight. I know the committee has basically finalized things tonight or will do it before the games.

Honestly, they could go either way on this, because they don't act fairly when it comes down to these last day matchups. It's all about saving time and cutting corners for them.

I decided they would keep Syracuse as the 3. Syracuse clearly had the better resume if Michigan St lost tomorrow. And it's debatable if they win.

I have no clue where they will go. One thing I do know is they will spend no more than 2 minutes discussing it.

The fair call is Syracuse though if a call is to be made before tomorrow's games.

Michigan St if they win will have 3 more loses, will be 7-6 vs top 50 vs 7-2 for us. They will be 5-2 vs the next 50 vs 8-1 for us. Top 100 of 12-8 (or 11-9) vs 15-3. Should 2 bad losses fully close that gap. Nope.

Yesterday marked the first time Mich St has won back to back games since late January. They have been battling injuries, but it's not as though they have a better resume overall (remember that UNC waxed them early in the year when they were healthy).

People (committee, fans, media) need to stop putting so much emphasis on conference tournaments as indicators of who is playing well.
The G-Mac BET run that took a bubble SU team to a 5 seed is a perfect example.

we lost 2 home games against awful teams down the stretch.. does buffalo really matter? the pod is about the fans, for the team it wont make any difference at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom