SpartyFan: "Cuse Will Be A Good Tuneup Match For Duke's Zone." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SpartyFan: "Cuse Will Be A Good Tuneup Match For Duke's Zone."

Interesting shift in our fan perspective from; “Our offense is like being in a rock fight & horrible to watch”, to, “ Can’t wait to get these guys into the meat grinder”.
I’m guilty of that as well, and want nothing more than to see those frustrated looks on MSU faces as they grind out another possession with the shot clock winding down.
We got ‘em right where we want ‘em!

I used to despise watching Wiscy and Bo Ryan for defensive-focused tortoise ball, to be honest...

We're kinda the zone version of one of his teams at the moment... so be it.

It's much more watchable when it's your team grinding out wins! :)

I used to despise watching Wiscy and Bo Ryan for defensive-focused tortoise ball, to be honest...

We're kinda the zone version of one of his teams at the moment... so be it.

It's much more watchable when it's your team grinding out wins! :)
Here is the contradiction: the opposition is actually responsible for slowing down the game because they have to actually run their offense to get quality looks. I would be willing to bet that most of their shots are taken well below the 15 second mark.

Unfortunately, this season's version of our offense only adds to the grind-it-out pace of the game. I think you'll see a much more efficient, faster paced offense next season...at least I hope so.

The prophecy has come to pass! :)

5-1 vs. Sparty and Izzo in the dance!

Spartapocalype!

70% of their posts were

"I'm glad we get Syracuse and not TCU. It'll be good practice to see a 2-3 zone before we have to face a really good one in Duke."

"Anything else is premature. Premature anything is never good…” - Jim Boeheim