Speaking of tickets, taking a rough count of the ticketmaster | Syracusefan.com

Speaking of tickets, taking a rough count of the ticketmaster

GoSU96

Living Legend
availability, and it's rough, 6400 left for sale.

Could that be right? That would mean they moved 2000 since yesterday.

Every week people have posted about the number of tickets available on Ticketmaster. Has there been any correlation between that and our attendance?

Yeah
Every week people have posted about the number of tickets available on Ticketmaster. Has there been any correlation between that and our attendance?

Wake looked almost sold out through ticket master, but the stadium looked to have about 33,000 in it come game time

No correlation at all.

I expect rutgers to be somewhere between wake and Toledo, not horrible but certainly not that good either

No correlation at all.

Nope. I was tracking it for Wake Forest. On the Friday, the week before the game, the available # was down to 4,500 (45,000 sold?). On Monday it was up to 7,000 available (42,500 sold?). On Tuesday, Gross was saying we had sold in the mid to high 30s and he was expecting 40k (which meant he was going to make the # above 40k).

So how that all shakes out with what we release to Ticketmaster is anyone's guess.

How are they handling the logistics of the student freebies? Do they have to get tix ahead of time or just show ID at the gate? Were seats pulled back to account for this?

How are they handling the logistics of the student freebies? Do they have to get tix ahead of time or just show ID at the gate? Were seats pulled back to account for this?

Just showing ID the gate. I expect we'll have both sections surrounding the band again like Wake, and they'll stick any more after that in the least populated 300s

I have a feeling there will be a large crowd. I'm calling between 44k-46k right now! :cool:

I expect rutgers to be somewhere between wake and Toledo, not horrible but certainly not that good either

Barrell, i would think after your Toledo prognostication, you would find it prudent to get out of the "prediction" game for a while.

alamo-tee.jpg

Section 305 was full. Its usually pretty empty up top. That is a good sign.

Section 305 is reserved for student overflow. Far from full, it could be completely empty on Saturday.

Rutgers will exceed WF...Best case we'll see 44k announced

Just showing ID the gate. I expect we'll have both sections surrounding the band again like Wake, and they'll stick any more after that in the least populated 300s
BK give us your estimation on number of students for Saturday.

I really don't know. I think it'll be pretty good but I'm still cautious about how many students the free tickets will actually draw. I do know a lot of people have said they are going to go now, so it should be good. Will it be Wake Forest good? That's yet to be seen.

I really don't know. I think it'll be pretty good but I'm still cautious about how many students the free tickets will actually draw. I do know a lot of people have said they are going to go now, so it should be good. Will it be Wake Forest good? That's yet to be seen.
Word of caution, they gave out free tickets to the Cincinnati game Halloween weekend back in 09, when Cincy was #5 in the country. It was a nooner, and failed miserably. I hope this is different. (Even I was late that game. Night before was a killer)

Word of caution, they gave out free tickets to the Cincinnati game Halloween weekend back in 09, when Cincy was #5 in the country. It was a nooner, and failed miserably. I hope this is different. (Even I was late that game. Night before was a killer)

Hence why I'm not going to get myself too excited about it. This is a bit different than that Cincy game...that game we were huge underdogs and were having a bad season, this year we're 3-1, and we're expected to win.

Also, didn't you run from south to the Dome that morning? I remember calling you and you were still drunk in the morning. That 100 cup beer pong'll kill ya.

**** dude,I didn't know you were now in Seattle. I remember you mentioning it, quite a change from Orlando.. Hope it's treating you well.
Change is nice. Looking forward to my first fall & winter in 15+ years. :confused:

Hence why I'm not going to get myself too excited about it. This is a bit different than that Cincy game...that game we were huge underdogs and were having a bad season, this year we're 3-1, and we're expected to win.

Also, didn't you run from south to the Dome that morning? I remember calling you and you were still drunk in the morning. That 100 cup beer pong'll kill ya.

I did run from south, similar to this

I would be happy with a decent student section and 40k fans in seats - long time coming and place will finally be rocking especially if SU comes out strong.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty sure there has been 40,000 living, breathing human beings in the Dome for a football game all of twice in the past 7 years... GumpRob's and Marrone's openers.

So I'll believe it when I see it.

Announced will be high 30s or barely 40, because TGD won't allow the box score to show less. People sexually there? 27K max.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm pretty sure there has been 40,000 living, breathing human beings in the Dome for a football game all of twice in the past 7 years... GumpRob's and Marrone's openers.

Announced will be high 30s or barely 40, because TGD won't allow the box score to show less. People sexually there? 27K max.

Sexually? Pretty sure the yellow coats won't allow that.

BTW I think we'll get to 42k announced...35-36k actual

I heard the Greeks were rushing last weekend and that killed the student show...are they still playing Greek fun n games for the Pledges this weekend?

It was pretty full for PSU, problem was 1/2 of them were wearing blue and white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom