Special teams… | Syracusefan.com

Special teams…

Jake

Mod
Much improved, but there still plenty of room for improvement.

FGs/xtra points- looked solid. Andre’s kicks were solid and the rhythm of the unit was sooo much better. One high snap. For those of you complaining about Barron being the holder, he did a great job getting that high snap down. Best unit on ST’s imo.

KO coverage - This unit looked a bit shaky to me. There were seems and the kicks were too low, not giving coverage guys a chance to get down field further. I though Williams kicks were better than Andre’s. He had the only touchback.

Punt team- better. Max seemed to get his punts off quickly. Got one to turn over, but a couple were too low. Hope it’s just nerves. Fear someone will house us.

KO/Punt return- not much to glean from them, but Pena looks comfortable. Had one nice return.

Overall, the execution issues seem resolved, just need the talent to perform better. Need more air under all kicks.

FGs/xtra points- looked solid. Andre’s kicks were solid and the rhythm of the unit was sooo much better. One high snap. For those of you complaining about Barron being the holder, he did a great job getting that high snap down. Best unit on ST’s imo.

KO coverage - This unit looked a bit shaky to me. There were seems and the kicks were too low, not giving coverage guys a chance to get down field further. I though Williams kicks were better than Andre’s. He had the only touchback.

Punt team- better. Max seemed to get his punts off quickly. Got one to turn over, but a couple were too low. Hope it’s just nerves. Fear someone will house us.

KO/Punt return- not much to glean from them, but Pena looks comfortable. Had one nice return.

Overall, the execution issues seem resolved, just need the talent to perform better. Need more air under all kicks.

Agree 144% on all points.

Barron had to go up and snare that one snap, but did it smoothly and Andre did vintage Szmyt Happens things.

Play of the game for ST’s was the do-over, where they covered it even better than the original kick, and Llvll net lost about 4 yards on the deal.

Williams should handle kickoffs.
We need to put it into the end zone at least 75% of the time, and apparently that’s not in Andre’s wheelhouse.

Also - I especially loved that we hardly saw the punt unit at all.
And they were solid every time.

How did we have a delay of game on punt, though? C'mon...

We need to be able to boom kick offs into end zone. Takes drama (and injury potential) out of equation

Yeah, line drive kicks are the worst. They don't give the coverage team enough time to get downfield.

I said to my friend before the game when I saw that the Punter position was an "or" on the two-deep, "oh man, if they haven't sorted out who the starting punter is yet, that's going to be an issue." The punting game has to get better, and just save Andre for the scoring attempts. Let the other guy kick the kickoffs.

Why would anybody be concerned with Barron holding? He was a WR and DB in high school. Kid has hands.

Because it’s unusual to have one of your starting defensive players holding the ball.

Generally means it takes away from his practice reps with the defense to practice timing with STs

Definitely has nothing to do with his ability

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom