Special Teams Returns? | Syracusefan.com

Special Teams Returns?

Scooch

Living Legend
How is that sh!tshow not on coaching?

Serious question, I know it sounds snarky, but I can't fathom how these ST return units can be so unbelievably bad, year after year.

I mean it HAS to be coaching right? You're just lining 11 athletic guys up and telling them to go kill the guy with the ball, right?

Its horrible on our returns as well. Simple stuff too. I've been saying it for weeks now, that Kobena fields every kick while moving backwards.

How is that sh!tshow not on coaching?

Serious question, I know it sounds snarky, but I can't fathom how these ST return units can be so unbelievably bad, year after year.

I mean it HAS to be coaching right? You're just lining 11 athletic guys up and telling them to go kill the guy with the ball, right?

It is on coaching. Every phase of ST this year except for a couple long returns has absolutely sucked.Krautman,Fisher,Raupers,entire kickoff and punt coverage units,punt return unit, any scheme to block a fg or punt,any effort for advantageous field position,ALL OF IT. I guess it's Anselmo but I think they share in it and IT HAS BIT.

STs falls heavily on the coaching.

The 'Bama coach just said it's as simple as "see ball, hit ball". I like to think he's right.