specialty uni sneak peek | Syracusefan.com

specialty uni sneak peek

Dnyr85

Starter
https://twitter.com/Cuse/status/243769264790712321/photo/1

Matt Park@MattPark1
That uniform patch will be talked about, but what you'll notice from the stands has to do with undershirt & sleeves, not pictured yet.

A2IK2tNCMAAfD6P.jpg

Sorry but that is the same uniform we always wear just with a patch for Ernie Davis and paying homage to the Syracuse University area code. That isn't a pro combat uniform.

Sorry but that is the same uniform we always wear just with a patch for Ernie Davis and paying homage to the Syracuse University area code. That isn't a pro combat uniform.

I've seen these at . It says "1952-2012" above the #44.

Brown didn't start playing until 1954.

Isn't Ernie Davis the Elmira Express? That is what the Express has to be for. The years 1952-2012 I don't know what they are referencing but the 44 is probably for all the 44s. 13244 is in reference to Syracuse changing its area code to honor all the 44s.

They were selling those in the bookstore.

Lame.

Is that it? Just a patch and undershirt w/sleeve? How about a helmet and pant change? Cleats and socks? I just can't see this being what all the secrecy has been about. There has to be more? right?

@MattPark1
That uniform patch will be talked about, but what you'll notice from the stands has to do with undershirt & sleeves, not pictured yet.

If I am reading this right then 44 will be back next year!! It's done till 2012... I guy can wish right?? Can I get a like?? Amen

No recruit or player gives a you know what about a patch, they care about flash. These "special" uniforms are an EPIC FAILURE. I would rather wear the Coach P era jerseys or something different. These aren't pro combat uniforms and just do nothing for me.

Why not pay homage to the area code 442 and 443 while we're at it?

No recruit or player gives a you know what about a patch, they care about flash. These "special" uniforms are an EPIC FAILURE. I would rather wear the Coach P era jerseys or something different. These aren't pro combat uniforms and just do nothing for me.
Apparently there are other parts to them that you cant see in that partial picture. Let's relax and wait to see the whole package before calling anything a failure.

They aren't grey so that's a step in the right direction.

Looks like the Orange on the sleeve is different than the normal uni. Don't quite get why the zip code is important enough to be included. Is the blue/white thing in the lower left part of the sleeves?

Isn't Ernie Davis the Elmira Express? That is what the Express has to be for. The years 1952-2012 I don't know what they are referencing but the 44 is probably for all the 44s. 13244 is in reference to Syracuse changing its area code to honor all the 44s.
Yes. He's the Elmira Express. Hollywood left that out because that doesn't sound as good for a nationally released movie, but it's a shame that SU doesn't use his full nickname.

Were we ever promised "pro combat uni's" by Nike or SU?

Or was that just wishful message board thinking?

Were we ever promised "pro combat uni's" by Nike or SU?

Or was that just wishful message board thinking?

We were promised USC in the Dome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I am just disappointed because these uniforms are the same old ones we wear each week with a patch. I could care less about undershirts or sleeves. I think because we are the Orange we need Orange Jerseys. I just hope we wear those cool chrome Orange helmets. Kaiser nailed it years ago when he called Illinois the Orange and we are the Fighting Illini with the uniforms each wears.

I don't know why the zip code is on the patch. That's just stupid to me. Anybody know who wore 44 before Brown?

You guys sure it is 1952 and not 1962, which would make sense. The patch looks to be honoring ED and not just 44.

You guys sure it is 1952 and not 1962, which would make sense. The patch looks to be honoring ED and not just 44.
62 would make a lot of sense because ED won the Heisman in 1961 and the area code was changed out of respect for ED. I think the whole patch is honoring ED and not the 44 jersey.