Sporting News: High Praise for Jerami Grant | Syracusefan.com

Sporting News: High Praise for Jerami Grant

I don't quite understand Boeheim's quote about JG being the best "live athlete" he's ever had...perhaps he's been watching the Twilight films.[/quote]
Maybe we should prod Mike Waters to ask Boeheim what he meant? Does anyone here know what that poor reporter did to piss Boeheim off? I understand B has been very "crotchety" to Mike in the last couple press conferences.

"It seems a bit curious that the NCAA reportedly is picking through one of Southerland’s term papers when it has taken no apparent action against North Carolina and its 54 admittedly “aberrant” classes from the Afro and African-America studies department, many of which contained significant numbers of athletes. But that’s where things stand."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/lox_him_up_I2fHfIyowSsDxZ2A9UJ9jJ

He's called "the best NBA prospect on the floor Saturday."
That's saying A LOT.
But he showed a lot.

I don't quite understand Boeheim's quote about JG being the best "live athlete" he's ever had...perhaps he's been watching the Twilight films.

He means the best athlete he has ever seen in person. Kind of like saying the best game you ever saw live. You may have seen better games on tv but none better in person. At least that is what I think he meant.

Awesome article. I love Jerami's game and think he will be a huge asset for us this year and in the years to follow.

Awesome article. I love Jerami's game and think he will be a huge asset for us this year and in the years to follow.
I think you can amend that to " he will be a huge asset for the year that follows"...Jeremi wont be playing college ball past his 2nd year IMO

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/lox_him_up_I2fHfIyowSsDxZ2A9UJ9jJ

That's saying A LOT.
But he showed a lot.

I don't quite understand Boeheim's quote about JG being the best "live athlete" he's ever had...perhaps he's been watching the Twilight films.

I thought the word was "lithe", as in:
"(esp. of a person's body)- Thin, supple, graceful...easy flexibility and grace...athletically slim and pliable.

Replayed it twice and still can't make out if it was "live"- but lithe was what I heard the 1st time.

He means the best athlete he has ever seen in person. Kind of like saying the best game you ever saw live. You may have seen better games on tv but none better in person. At least that is what I think he meant.
I think he meant energy, hops, explosiveness, etc. Hard to fathom with Olympic experience.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I thought the word was "lithe", as in:
"(esp. of a person's body)- Thin, supple, graceful...easy flexibility and grace...athletically slim and pliable.

Replayed it twice and still can't make out if it was "live"- but lithe was what I heard the 1st time.
That makes the most sense. I didn't hear the quote.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That's saying A LOT.
It's hype machine at this point. Look, I love me some Jerami Grant on the floor (no homo), but this stuff is just going overboard.

Yeah but that doesn't really make sense, because he said he was the best live athlete he ever "had", which i assume means coached. So he's obviously seen all of his players live.

Unless he meant it in the biblical sense...

Coach is a big fan of hyperbole remember the "not one game" rant. I just assumed he was exaggerating with this quote as well. Partially because Grant is athletic as hell and partially to continue to build his confidence. But as some of you have said I didn't see or hear the quote either.

Yeah but that doesn't really make sense, because he said he was the best live athlete he ever "had", which i assume means coached. So he's obviously seen all of his players live.

Unless he meant it in the biblical sense...

Live = he's a strong athlete/good athlete.

They always say Nassib has a "live" arm, meaning he has a strong arm.

JB also said Lebron might be better than Jordan...so, take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

JB also said Lebron might be better than Jordan...so, take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Imagine Jordan playing in todays NBA the way they call perimeter defense. :eek: He would be able to attack even easier than he did in the old days.

Imagine Jordan playing in todays NBA the way they call perimeter defense. :eek: He would be able to attack even easier than he did in the old days.

The only thing Lebron would have in his favor re: a debate about him vs Jordan...Lebron could guard Jordan a lot better than Jordan could guard Lebron. Jordan would likely average a triple double if he played in todays nba.

[COLOR=#000000 said:
I don't quite understand Boeheim's quote about JG being the best "live athlete" he's ever had...perhaps he's been watching the Twilight films.[/COLOR]

I took it to mean he's a better athlete in "live action" as opposed to practice.

The only thing Lebron would have in his favor re: a debate about him vs Jordan...Lebron could guard Jordan a lot better than Jordan could guard Lebron. Jordan would likely average a triple double if he played in todays nba.

Come on, Jordan would not average a triple double. The game is slower now than it was when he was at his physical peak. His closest season to a triple double was 89, when he averaged 32-8-8. The Bulls averaged 97 possessions per game that year and were one of the slowest teams in the league. No one in the NBA averages 97 possessions per game now; the Rockets are the only teams over 95.