Sporting News: High Praise for Jerami Grant | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sporting News: High Praise for Jerami Grant

Come on, Jordan would not average a triple double. The game is slower now than it was when he was at his physical peak. His closest season to a triple double was 89, when he averaged 32-8-8. The Bulls averaged 97 possessions per game that year and were one of the slowest teams in the league. No one in the NBA averages 97 possessions per game now; the Rockets are the only teams over 95.

If Lebron averages 26/9/7 now...Jordan would up that a bit...30/10/10 seems reasonable...maybe a bit less on the rebounds.

Man, just typing out Lebron's averages made me appreciate what he does more.

If Lebron averages 26/9/7 now...Jordan would up that a bit...30/10/10 seems reasonable...maybe a bit less on the rebounds.

Man, just typing out Lebron's averages made me appreciate what he does more.

I don't see how there is any way. Jordan isn't the rebounder nor the passer Lebron is, and he wouldn't have as many opportunities to put up his numbers with the slower pace. Jordan had one season in his career over 6.5 assists per game, how is he getting 10 dimes a game in fewer possessions?

I don't see how there is any way. Jordan isn't the rebounder nor the passer Lebron is, and he wouldn't have as many opportunities to put up his numbers with the slower pace. Jordan had one season in his career over 6.5 assists per game, how is he getting 10 dimes a game in fewer possessions?

I'm just figuring he would shoot a bit less in this era and pass more. With all the advanced metrics now, he would be smart enough to pass out of doubles, rather than shoot over them, when he realized he was only shooting 42% over double teams. Cerebral players make good use of these stats nowadays.