Ohio St
Uconn
Duke
'Cuse
UF
Memphis
Baylor
Vanderbilt

Just shows how these can be very meaningless. Just two weeks ago before Drummond announced his UConn decision, SU seemed to be the consensus #4 preseason team. Maybe Drummond puts UConn ahead of SU, maybe he doesn't, but how does Drummond's decision allow Duke to leap-frog SU? These voters and bloggers seem to think you can't have two teams from the same conference in consecutive spots, and you have to "mix it up".

I think we're overrated. I'm not convinced we'll have top-tier guard play in general and in particular I'm concerned that we won't shoot the three well enough to avoid a repeat of last year (where teams defended with all five guys having at least one foot in the lane). We have enough returning talent that I'm pretty confident we're a top 20 team, and I hope I'm wrong in my doubts that we are a top-6 team.

I think we're overrated. I'm not convinced we'll have top-tier guard play in general and in particular I'm concerned that we won't shoot the three well enough to avoid a repeat of last year (where teams defended with all five guys having at least one foot in the lane). We have enough returning talent that I'm pretty confident we're a top 20 team, and I hope I'm wrong in my doubts that we are a top-6 team.

I too am a bit concerned but mostly because of our center position. If FAB (and the boxes showed he did fairly well in the World's) an Keita has gained some weight...center should be in good shape. As for guard play, I will say that both Scoop and Triche will have stellar seasons...Triche scored well overseas and in the king games...50+ once and several high 20s+...Scoop has gotten the experience as a point guard and should play more in control...if all three above happen...we are final 4 material.

I too am a bit concerned but mostly because of our center position. If FAB (and the boxes showed he did fairly well in the World's) an Keita has gained some weight...center should be in good shape. As for guard play, I will say that both Scoop and Triche will have stellar seasons...Triche scored well overseas and in the king games...50+ once and several high 20s+...Scoop has gotten the experience as a point guard and should play more in control...if all three above happen...we are final 4 material.

Even with our issues like unproven/ offensively challenged bigs and possible chemistry issues, what team besides UNC doesn't problems?

UK will be all freshmen and sophs - lack experience
OSU is replacing 3 verteran starters
L'Ville lost 2 key starters, missing offense down low
Duke lacks any toughness and will be very vulnerable if their threes aren't sinking
UConn - lacks backcourt depth
Vandy - lack skilled bigs

I like our "problems"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors