Sports memorabilia question | Syracusefan.com

Sports memorabilia question

Marsh01

Living Legend
So i have this signed baseball. Signed by the entire 1978 NY Yankees world series team. My father got it for me somehow. Its on a Syracuse Chiefs baseball (who was the farm team for the yankees back then). Signatures are still very readable.

The ball is still in good shape aside from a little discoloring. The only “flaw” is this. My favorite all time player was Reggie Jackson. When he signed the ball he wrote “to Chris Reggie Jackson”. Probably de-valued the ball but as an 8 year old it was a thrill.

I have never had the ball looked at. It does mean a lot to me but i would love to see what it is worth. I am pretty green when it comes to these things and was curious if anyone had any expertise.

Probably best to send it to me:
David Ponzi
PO BOX 666
Anonymous, Delaware
I'll scrutinize it and get back to you.

Just a correction, but the last year of the Yankees affiliation with the Chiefs was 1976, I believe. I'm pretty sure when the Blue Jays came into existence in 1977, that was when the Yankees teamed up with the Columbus Clippers.

Pretty cool memorabilia though!

Just a correction, but the last year of the Yankees affiliation with the Chiefs was 1976, I believe. I'm pretty sure when the Blue Jays came into existence in 1977, that was when the Yankees teamed up with the Columbus Clippers.

Pretty cool memorabilia though!
It was actually 77. Not sure why its on a chiefs ball still. At the time i was just excited

So i have this signed baseball. Signed by the entire 1978 NY Yankees world series team. My father got it for me somehow. Its on a Syracuse Chiefs baseball (who was the farm team for the yankees back then). Signatures are still very readable.

The ball is still in good shape aside from a little discoloring. The only “flaw” is this. My favorite all time player was Reggie Jackson. When he signed the ball he wrote “to Chris Reggie Jackson”. Probably de-valued the ball but as an 8 year old it was a thrill.

I have never had the ball looked at. It does mean a lot to me but i would love to see what it is worth. I am pretty green when it comes to these things and was curious if anyone had any expertise.
I’m in a similar boat. I have a 1981 ball with all the players and staff…. except RMJ. He refused to sign it.

I know this past year at The National you could bring in stuff and they had people there who would appraise items. Next year's is in Chicago, I think. Not sure if you are willing to go there or wait until next summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom