Spring Evaluation Live Period 19-21 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Evaluation Live Period 19-21

Francis03

All American
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-evaluation-live-period-19-21.html
Grind season on the circuit begins tomorrow. Will have updates throughout on the blog and this thread can be used for others to drop updates and news as well.

Day One

UCLA checked out Briscoe on Friday night and TOS wrote the following. "2015 four-star point guard Isaiah Briscoe said Kentucky and Duke have started to pick up interest in his recruitment. He's planning on taking visits to Florida, Virginia and Arizona this summer."

Brian Snow wrote the following about Derrick Jones.
"The Philadelphia product was clearly a standout guy. At 6-foot-5 with length and big time athleticism, Jones was too much to handle in the second half. He got to the rim, his jumper looked good, and then finished with authority around the bucket. The sky is the limit for Jones, and there is no doubt he will be one of the highest risers in the class of 2015." Listed SU, Nova, Rutgers, and Xavier as the ones recruiting him the hardest at the moment. I would expect some big boys to get in play now.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...iah-whitehead-impresses-with-coaches-watching
Whitehead tells Jeff Borzello that SU and Louisville are coming at him the hardest. “They're both run and run, they play defense, and they have great coaches,” Whitehead said.

You can check for boxscores from the EYBL event here below.
http://www.nikeeyb.com/Events/eybl-session1-losangeles2k13/
Notables from night one.
McCullough-16pts, 11rbs, 3blks.
Diallo-12pts, 8rbs, 1blk.
Briscoe-19pts, 5ast, 4rbs.
Vaughn-23pts, 7rbs, 2ast.
Gant-11pts, 9rbs, 3blks.

Day Two

Lots of Isaiah Whitehead buzz coming out of Pittsburgh. Was just told that he's been the best player at the event so far.

Brian Snow on Derrick Jones again. "After being probably the best player at the 17-and under level yesterday, Jones followed that up by putting on a special performance at the 16-and under level. He completely dominated the second half of his team’s win, and Jones showed why he is truly elite. When rankings are updated the athletic, do it all wing, will find his name very high on the charts."

Evan Daniels on Goodluck. "Okonoboh is the anchor for Mass Rivals. He’s active, aggressive, reels in rebounds and looks to swat everything in the paint. He had at least a half dozen blocks in a loss to Indiana Elite Saturday afternoon. He’s a very good athlete, runs the floor well and plays with energy. Offensively he’s starting to get a tad more confident and even hit a turnaround jumper from 10-feet."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...tebook-derrick-jones-dominates-two-age-groups
Some more Derrick Jones love.

EYBL notables from the 2nd games.
McCullough 13pts, 7rbs, 4blks.
Diallo 11pts, 10rbs.
Briscoe 15pts, 3ast, 4rbs.
Dion Wiley 18pts, 5rbs, 2ast.
Jakeenan Gant 23pts, 5rbs.
Rashad Vaughn 27pts, 8rbs.

EYBL notables from the night cap
McCullough 2pts, 4rbs.
Diallo 9pts, 7rbs, 3blks.
Briscoe 30pts, 4ast.
Wiley 11pts, 6ast.
Gant 14pts, 7rbs, 4blks.
Vaughn 16pts, 8rbs, 4ast.

Day Three

EYBL final day notables
McCullough 19pts, 7rbs, 3blks. Team Scan finished 3-1.
Diallo 10pts, 7rbs.
Briscoe 17pts. NJ Playaz finished 1-3
Wiley 21pts, 4ast, 5-7 3pt.
Vaughn 31pts, 5rbs, 7ast, 4-6 3pt.
Gant 19pts, 5rbs.

Expect Derrick Jones to get an offer from SU soon. Also keep an eye on 2015 guards Jalen Adams(Joseph's backcourt mate) and Samir Doughty from Philly.

Whitehead, Jones, Joseph, and Goodluck was watched by the staff throughout the weekend.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ghts-sundays-pitt-hoop-group-jam-fest-action/
“I really want to go to Syracuse,” he said on Sunday. Quote from Derrick Jones.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/nike-eybl-session-1-cuse-targets-stats.html
Full overall stats for all of the cuse targets that played in the session 1 of the Nike EYBL.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-evaluation-live-period-19-21.html
Grind season on the circuit begins tomorrow. Will have updates throughout on the blog and this thread can be used for others to drop updates and news as well. Some Nike EYBL games will be streamed on Saturday. Once I get the full rosters, I'll link all of the games and players to check out for.
Thanks again brother.
Team Scan (McCullough, Diallo) scary team, might have to check one of their games out.
Same goes for Mass R i v a l s (Kaleb, Goodluck, Sharma).

Would you happen to know what the deal is with Josh Sharma?
6'11 maybe 7 footer, just saw two clips of him. Seems pretty active, good dunker, shot blocker and looks like an athletic kid.
ESPN lists him as a SF but you have him as a Center, and he looks to be headed in the direction of a 5.

Well, I know ESPN is behind the times with these sort of things and I obviously trust you over the so-called "experts" ;)
but are we giving this guy a look?
He seems a little on the frail side right now, but he is class of 2015. He's got some promise.

Thanks again brother.
Team Scan (McCullough, Diallo) scary team, might have to check one of their games out.
Same goes for Mass R i v a l s (Kaleb, Goodluck, Sharma).

Would you happen to know what the deal is with Josh Sharma?
6'11 maybe 7 footer, just saw two clips of him. Seems pretty active, good dunker, shot blocker and looks like an athletic kid.
ESPN lists him as a SF but you have him as a Center, and he looks to be headed in the direction of a 5.

Well, I know ESPN is behind the times with these sort of things and I obviously trust you over the so-called "experts" ;)
but are we giving this guy a look?
He seems a little on the frail side right now, but he is class of 2015. He's got some promise.
ESPN are suckers but you and everybody else already know that;). Sharma is a developing big, who is still filling his body out. We are keeping tabs on him and he looks to be a good fall back option if things don't work out with either Diallo and Diagne.

ESPN are suckers but you and everybody else already know that;). Sharma is a developing big, who is still filling his body out. We are keeping tabs on him and he looks to be a good fall back option if things don't work out with either Diallo and Diagne.
That kid really needs to get stronger. There are guys that would go through him, if he were in D1 right now.

Good stuff, thanks brother.
All ESPN has to do is give syracusefan a look to get the real info, instead of us going over to their site...and being very disappointed :D

Francis, are we looking at Terance Mann and Jermey Miller ? Both 2015 right ? They seem to be playing well as of late.

Francis, are we looking at Terance Mann and Jermey Miller ? Both 2015 right ? They seem to be playing well as of late.
Mann is linked to G-Town(think his mother went there). Miller will probably get a look as we go along the process but I haven't heard his name in the SU mix yet.

Soulja, you going to the Pitt Jamfest?

If I can leave work early. Lol Im there.
Nice!
downloadfile-3.jpeg

Do these sneaker affiliations have any real impact on recruiting? Are the Nike kids "pushed" toward Nike schools, Adidas kids to Adidas schools etc?

Best line was:

Archie Graham: Hey, ump? How about a warning?
Umpire: Alright... Watch out you don't get killed.

Do these sneaker affiliations have any real impact on recruiting? Are the Nike kids "pushed" toward Nike schools, Adidas kids to Adidas schools etc?
In some cases yes, but it isn't as bad currently as it was probably a decade ago. Shabazz Muhammad was an Adidas kid that ended up at UCLA(Adidas school). Under Armour pumped crazy $$$ into the Harrison twins, but they didn't end up at Maryland(Under Armour) and UK(Cal, WWW, and Nike) was the highest bidder in that one.

Julius Hodge sneaker pimping was the first example I had up close to know how dirty the recruiting game can be behind the scenes.

In these two games, Hammer has shot 12/15 or 80% with 7 blocks and 18 rebounds.
Filthy. :)

Anyone having luck with the streams? I keep getting the International game from last week's Jordan games in Brooklyn.

In these two games, Hammer has shot 12/15 or 80% with 7 blocks and 18 rebounds.
Filthy. :)

Anyone having luck with the streams? I keep getting the International game from last week's Jordan games in Brooklyn.
Yeah I was just told that the streams are a no go for this weekend unfortunately:(.

Yeah I was just told that the streams are a no go for this weekend unfortunately:(.
All good my friend. Thanks for checking. We will get archives on youtube soon enough anyway.
:)

Francis thanks for all your information and hardwork, are we still involved with Theo Pinson and Rashad Vaughn. Thanks I will hangup and listen.

So long as he doesn't wink at the opposition. ;)

whaley2.jpg
I went to school with frank and knew him well.I always thought his brother Bob would be the one who would make it big...one funny ass dude.

class of '81 henninger

I went to school with frank and knew him well.I always thought his brother Bob would be the one who would make it big...one funny ass dude.

class of '81 henninger
Frank's been in some classics:
Born on the 4th of July
Doors (plays Robby Krieger)
Field of Dreams
Pulp Fiction ("Check out the big brain on Brad!")

Great stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom