Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

pumped the brakes a bit, when pressed for a prediction, he said 7-5 and solid bowl game. I think that's a good reasonable, conservative assessment, I'm hoping for a tick or 2 better but Adam is being realistic
I may be over optimistic or drinking the orange Koolaid but the only way we only win seven games is if there are major injuries.
The team one 6 games the last two seasons. The talent has been completely upgraded. To think that only accounts for one more win is really underselling the team.

pumped the brakes a bit, when pressed for a prediction, he said 7-5 and solid bowl game. I think that's a good reasonable, conservative assessment, I'm hoping for a tick or 2 better but Adam is being realistic
If we get our 1 oline, 1 corner after Lewis, and backup qb i really think we can be 10-2 or 11-1. Now that is high expectations only because of our schedule. I also really think Diggs at Defensive End is gonna make every team worry about stopping him and open our defense up tremendously. I really see us running the ball effectively cause Allen can use his moves and still run over people cause he will have Willis to give him rest and there is no dropoff. Willis is a weapon we should truly enjoy next three years.

I may be over optimistic or drinking the orange Koolaid but the only way we only win seven games is if there are major injuries.
The team one 6 games the last two seasons. The talent has been completely upgraded. To think that only accounts for one more win is really underselling the team.
With a wayeasier schedule too.

If you could just add at what position they played and number of snaps at each position, that would be great.

Position is sort of important since we have kids that people thought were brought in as tackles playing end.

Position is sort of important since we have kids that people thought were brought in as tackles playing end.
And LB recruits playing edge (Omopariola, Lesaine). I'm not saying these two will take many snaps at DE or challenge the 1's (Jaquez and Diggs) or the 2's (Simmons and Hastings). But they are (in the Lowery/Thompson mold) all over the field making plays. The LB corps might be the deepest on the team - Wax and McDonald, ZMG and Sparrow, Omopariola and Lesaine, Caden Brown and Heard ... depth into the 3d and 4th string.

On the interior, Perry is disruptive. I would be surprised if Fran didn't use him on pass plays. Gordon also had a good game playing along side Smith, although there are a bunch of guys ahead of them. With Perry and all the edge talent, I think the issue is stopping the run. We have some big cats who will probably all rotate in ... Wilson and ECF, Perry and Ingraham, Nwokocha and Watson.

Last edited:
And LB recruits playing edge (Omopariola, Lesaine). I'm not saying these two will take many snaps at DE or challenge the 1's (Jaquez and Diggs) or the 2's (Simmons and Hastings). But they are (in the Lowery/Thompson mold) all over the field making plays. The LB corps is might be the deepest on the team - Wax and McDonald, ZMG and Sparrow, Omopariola and Lesaine, Caden Brown and Heard ... depth into the 3d and 4th string.

On the interior, Perry is disruptive. I would be surprised if Fran didn't use him on pass plays. Gordon also had a good game playing along side Smith, although there are a bunch of guys ahead of them. With Perry and all the edge talent, I think the issue is stopping the run. We have some big cats who will probably all rotate in ... Wilson and ECF, Perry and Ingraham, Nwokocha and Watson.

Gordon is a kid most people thought would hit the portal.

I believe they were working Cruz Jr also at guard during the spring. Miller was challenging him for the starting lt spot. With Washington coming in and Wolanbaugh (so) back from injury I could see Cruz sliding inside.

Unhappiness is running after the guy you were supposed to block who is now going to sack your quarterback.

CDRW: "Why didn't I get an orange jersey?"
Can't say I haven't been there before.

I agree.

He asked for the band and cheerleaders to be there

He asked to walk the exact way they will when they do the quad walk in the regular season.

This game is supposed to serve as a dress rehearsal for the fall.

He wanted everything to be exactly like it would have been if this was the first game in September against Ohio.

The fact that the university or whoever didn’t do it that way is effecting the way he is prepping this team.

Coach Fran wants everything perfect and he wants to get every advantage he can get.

It’s time to stop hiding behind smoke and mirrors and be accountable.

Love what he is doing
The band doesn’t get scholarships, in fact to fill up the band, they have band members from OCC, Lemoyne, Oswego St, ESF etc. to supplement their numbers. Fran is used to huge state public universities that give out scholarships and that’s not SU. I personally had friends whose children were in SU’s band who were students at OCC and Lemoyne, otherwise I wouldn’t have known. In fact about 8 years ago or so, the band had to ask for donations which I gave to, to get new uniforms, their old ones were in tatters and I was told, most well over 10 years old. Unless there’s been major new changes, the band really needs donations and more university and fan support. Sad. These kids are special to be donating their time and effort - maybe Fran can help with the support. Here’s a donation link. https://secure.syr.edu/s/1632/17/fo...S*MTcxNDAyMTU4My4zLjEuMTcxNDAyMjE0NC41Mi4wLjA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom