Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

Whether we want to admit it or not, this is perfect. We want our first team offense to beat our first string defense in the spring game (where they really aren’t hitting each other at 100% speed). We also want our second team defense to paste our second team offense.
I was watching Diggs personally and he wasnt going 100%. I get why. I know it wasnt all out cause i watched his game against Bama a few years ago and he killed their ot who is now in NFL. I watched Little Spoon also and i like him at Tackle. Bradford and Petry look improved. For some reason i didnt remember seeing Hastings at Dt. Did i possibly miss him some how.

I dont think he aired really any dirty laundry. If band and cheargirls were supposed to be there, they are supposed to be there. Thats not dirty laundry. Now if he outed the Brown kid, i could see your point. My opinion ishe wasperfectly fine

I agree.

He asked for the band and cheerleaders to be there

He asked to walk the exact way they will when they do the quad walk in the regular season.

This game is supposed to serve as a dress rehearsal for the fall.

He wanted everything to be exactly like it would have been if this was the first game in September against Ohio.

The fact that the university or whoever didn’t do it that way is effecting the way he is prepping this team.

Coach Fran wants everything perfect and he wants to get every advantage he can get.

It’s time to stop hiding behind smoke and mirrors and be accountable.

Love what he is doing

I was watching Diggs personally and he wasnt going 100%. I get why. I know it wasnt all out cause i watched his game against Bama a few years ago and he killed their ot who is now in NFL. I watched Little Spoon also and i like him at Tackle. Bradford and Petry look improved. For some reason i didnt remember seeing Hastings at Dt. Did i possibly miss him some how.
Hastings played DE and DT.

I agree.

He asked to walk the exact way they will when they do the quad walk in the regular season.

He wanted everything to be exactly like it would have been if this was the first game in September against Ohio.

The fact that the university or whoever didn’t do it that way is effecting the way he is prepping this team.

Coach Fran wants everything perfect and he wants to get every advantage he can get.

Love what he is doing
Exactly.

I agree.

Love what he is doing
Agree. He holds himself accountable, he holds his players accountable and he holds the university accountable. It’s about time.

I like what Coach Fran said about the quad walk personally. I've always felt that SU lacked in the tradition department compared to other schools. If he has to drag the university, admin and fans kicking and screaming to develop some tradition, I'm all for it.

I dont think he aired really any dirty laundry. If band and cheargirls were supposed to be there, they are supposed to be there. Thats not dirty laundry. Now if he outed the Brown kid, i could see your point. My opinion ishe wasperfectly fine
I think the school and admin need to be slapped around publicly a bit by the coach to get them to stop dragging their feet.

I'm sure he told them upfront what he needs and wants to see from them and they half assed it or they didnt do what they said they would do.

So he is calling them out publicly. What are they going to do? Fire him?

They have been so half assed and lazy compared to the big programs, content to collect checks for so long that they have forgotten how to run a big boy program.

You want to be big boy, come ready to play like a big boy, and be ready to work.

I like what Coach Fran said about the quad walk personally. I've always felt that SU lacked in the tradition department compared to other schools. If he has to drag the university, admin and fans kicking and screaming to develop some tradition, I'm all for it.
I also like the fact that he said something to nature that someone said “oh there’s only 38 people out there” and he didn’t care. It’s tough to start these things and feel good about them when there’s no support. But the fact he wants to do it right from the beginning and stick with it, shows me he wants structure and it will become cooler when they win more.

I also like the fact that he said something to nature that someone said “oh there’s only 38 people out there” and he didn’t care. It’s tough to start these things and feel good about them when there’s no support. But the fact he wants to do it right from the beginning and stick with it, shows me he wants structure and it will become cooler when they win more.

It’s going to be a massive thing.

Couple things worked against him yesterday…

1) weather, it was cold and nasty, hard for a lot of people to go out and be on the quad for an exhibition game. First game or not that’s a tough pull

2) The parking situation was not good yesterday. You had people leaving the lax game and people trying to park for spring game/quad walk at the same time. I’m sure this tied up A LOT of people who intended on being there for it.

3) If events had been between the two games in the quad it would have been perfect opportunity. I feel this was a miss but it is what it is.

It’s going to be a massive thing.

Couple things worked against him yesterday…

1) weather, it was cold and nasty, hard for a lot of people to go out and be on the quad for an exhibition game. First game or not that’s a tough pull

2) The parking situation was not good yesterday. You had people leaving the lax game and people trying to park for spring game/quad walk at the same time. I’m sure this tied up A LOT of people who intended on being there for it.

3) If events had been between the two games in the quad it would have been perfect opportunity. I feel this was a miss but it is what it is.

4) There is NO marching band in April. As someone else pointed out, SUMB is a Fall semester thing only. Band members have to turn in their uniforms after football season ends.

Sour Sitrus did play at the game, but they don't march.

4) There is NO marching band in April. As someone else pointed out, SUMB is a Fall semester thing only. Band members have to turn in their uniforms after football season ends.

If that’s the case and it very well could be…

That should have been explained to Coach Brown BEFORE the game.

But since sour played at the game, I think he was just looking to have the band on the steps of Hendricks

Absolutely no reason for them to not have done that with the cheerleaders there.

Anyway, I’m sure they will work it out

So you don't think the MB members could figure out how to do something for the event even without uniforms? There are tons of pep hands at schools that do all kind of events thru a school year around the country.

did they ask the MB kids if they wanted to be part of it?

So you don't think the MB members could figure out how to do something for the event even without uniforms? There are tons of pep hands at schools that do all kind of events thru a school year around the country.

did they ask the MB kids if they wanted to be part of it?
There are a number of VERY good high school marching bands in CNY

Understood. But why do I have the feeling that Georgia doesn’t do it that way? When football is taken seriously at a school it flows all the way down to the marching band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom