Spring Practice | Syracusefan.com

Spring Practice

Crusty

Living Legend
We will have four QB's at spring practice - Loeb, Hunt, Kinder, and Broyld. I was just looking at spring practice rules and it seem that there are 60 hours of actual coached practices.
Spring practice rules permit 15 practices of which 12 can have physical contact, 8 allow tacking and 3 (including spring game) can be 11 on 11 scrimmages. Practices are limited to 4 hours.​

That is like a week and a half of a standard 40 hour work week (as if that every existed in real life).

It seems to me that it is going to be difficult to learn much about these kids with so little time. I know there are film sessions etc but still, it seems like not much to go on.

I wonder how many actual practice snaps each kid will get or for that matte how many all four will bget in total.

I remember that the staff said that Hunt fell behind by missing spring practice but that doesn't seem like a big deal in light of the rules but I guess it was.

Anyone have any thoughts on spring practice?

We will have four QB's at spring practice - Loeb, Hunt, Kinder, and Broyld. I was just looking at spring practice rules and it seem that there are 60 hours of actual coached practices.
Spring practice rules permit 15 practices of which 12 can have physical contact, 8 allow tacking and 3 (including spring game) can be 11 on 11 scrimmages. Practices are limited to 4 hours.​

That is like a week and a half of a standard 40 hour work week (as if that every existed in real life).

It seems to me that it is going to be difficult to learn much about these kids with so little time. I know there are film sessions etc but still, it seems like not much to go on.

I wonder how many actual practice snaps each kid will get or for that matte how many all four will bget in total.

I remember that the staff said that Hunt fell behind by missing spring practice but that doesn't seem like a big deal in light of the rules but I guess it was.

Anyone have any thoughts on spring practice?

with the efficiency, and the eye for talent coaches at these levels have i bet it's enough time, combined with tape, to get a good feel on who needs to work on what, and who seems to be ahead. at the very worst they are able to tell each player, especially young ones what they need to work on, and then who has made progress during the summer from where they were at Spring Ball.

I bet Shafer has a good idea of how he would rank those four kids. Doubt it's as wide open a competition as it might appear.

I bet Shafer has a good idea of how he would rank those four kids. Doubt it's as wide open a competition as it might appear.

Others have pointed out that with new OC and QB coaches the potion may be more wide open than it would have otherwise been. Still, I am thinking as you apparently are, that the previous leaders on the depth chart have a big advantage.

whats unknown is what went on during the bowl practices. they are treated like spring with young player development.

Yep, HNHCSS had to defend each of those kids every day in practice. I'm sure he will confirm with OCGM.

I don't mean to take this off topic but what are the "Winter Competition" practices that are going on now? I'm referring to the videos that are displayed on the Syracuse Football page on FB. Is this just conditioning exercises?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom