Spruill & Rene | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spruill & Rene

These guys should get the same punishment as you or I would get get. Nothing more or less.

True but one difference is if this happens to you or I it isn't all over the internet and papers. I believe the public embarrassment of this should also play a part in the punishment equation.

What do you think would be fair?
I'm not going to try to judge that as there are already laws for that. They have some discretion as to what the penalty should be and since I wasn't there, I don't have an informed opinion. If he got physical with an enforcement officer, there has to be ramifications. The only exceptions, in my mind, are when an officer is acting maliciously. That being said, I am also of the opinion that officers abusing their power should be penalized to the extent the law allows. The respect has to flow both ways or we are going to end up in a world of stuff. We're already on our way...

True but one difference is if this happens to you or I it isn't all over the internet and papers. I believe the public embarrassment of this should also play a part in the punishment equation.
It's an interesting concept - public humiliation by internet - but I'm not sure what has been published thus far would or should count as punishment. I assume you're thinking this is akin to certain judges making shoplifters or "johns" parade around in clothes or with signs that advertise their crimes. I'm not sure any places in the U.S. use that as punishment for crimes of a physical nature, however.

Keep in mind that the issue at SU may not be athletes being treated more leniently than the general public but more harshly. At LSU or any number of other ranked football schools, the athlete wouldn't have been arrested at all and if he was, the charges would later be reduced and or totally thrown out. Not the same here t SU and in fact I think probably more harsh treatment than I would get as a first time offender because the cops want to show the world they aren't going to take it easy on the college athlete. Then our unforgivable self righteous Honor board takes a crack at them for no legitimate reason. Disband that bloodthirsty band of fu##s now!

So you're saying they should get preferential treatment?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

So you're saying they should get preferential treatment?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

No they should not get preferential treatment. They should be treated as anyone else. I believe they may not be getting equal treatment and may be getting treated more harshly, which is unfair and improper.

I also believe the SU Honor Board should be disbanded or at least not involved in deciding the fate of students who have been cleared under the legal system.

No they should not get preferential treatment. They should be treated as anyone else. I believe they may not be getting equal treatment and may be getting treated more harshly, which is unfair and improper.

I also believe the SU Honor Board should be disbanded or at least not involved in deciding the fate of students who have been cleared under the legal system.

how are they being treated more harshly?

I believe the average Joe in Spruill's position would not have been charged and the prosecutors certainly wouldn't be saying they were intent on seeing some significant punishment for him, which was stated in the last article I read.