St. Bonaventure Game Preview from The Bona Blog | Syracusefan.com

St. Bonaventure Game Preview from The Bona Blog

TheBonaBlog

Walk On
Full disclosure, I'm a born and raised Syracuse fan and also married into an all Syracuse family. With that said, I graduated from Bonas in 2006 and endured the welding scandal and other down times. I write for The Bona Blog and wanted to share our preview and how we see the game. We're overly confident as Bona Fans that we can hang, but Syracuse has walkons that are refusing to play this year that could be in the regular rotation at Bona.

http://thebonablog.com/2015/11/16/recon-syracuse-orange-1-0-tuesday-700-pm/

Enjoy and let us know if we are way off or spot on, should be a nice throwback rivalry game

The Known (their best player): Trevor Cooney

13zrhon.jpg

Fellow Bonnie grad here as well but grew up with the cuse. Can't cheer for any team in this one but can't have the cuse miss an easy win

As others have mentioned g and the infamous Rations punk, please tell me all about the welding scandal.

TIA

Full disclosure, I'm a born and raised Syracuse fan and also married into an all Syracuse family. With that said, I graduated from Bonas in 2006 and endured the welding scandal and other down times. I write for The Bona Blog and wanted to share our preview and how we see the game. We're overly confident as Bona Fans that we can hang, but Syracuse has walkons that are refusing to play this year that could be in the regular rotation at Bona.

Enjoy and let us know if we are way off or spot on, should be a nice throwback rivalry game

At least he had the score in the right direction. What's the over/under on the boni's scoring 75 points on our zone? My vote is UNDER.

Also, I like how G is under their radar, that's why he's Silent!

Thanks for the link. With that said - what type of Syracuse fan/family do you hail from when Mike G is not even referenced anywhere in a scouting report of us and Cooney is listed as our best player??

Obviously a cousin of Bees.

So ready to rumble! Game tonight and way too psyched!!!! ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

If you are not familiar with it, search for the 1978 ECAC game played in Rochester. One of my all time favorites.

Thanks for the link. With that said - what type of Syracuse fan/family do you hail from when Mike G is not even referenced anywhere in a scouting report of us and Cooney is listed as our best player??

I didn't write this preview, I'm the podcast host and write for road games in VA. I'll let them know what's up with Rations!

Check out this link. It was pretty big deal at the time and involved the eligibility of a player and the campus-wide cover up to get him eligible. From the President all the way down to the Assistant Coach, who was the President's son I think. ..

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...antic10/2003-11-18-stbonaventure-timeline.htm
The welding scandal effectively ended our program from ever being a top tier A10 university. We were able to recruit over seas and domestically for good mid major talent but we were given a death penalty when it comes to basketball. We essentially played a half season with a player who never graduated high school, the coach, AD and board president all knew about it and still let it go.

Bill Swan committed suicide knowing he let the university down, very dark times as a bona grad. Those were my four years there.

The Known (their best player): Trevor Cooney

13zrhon.jpg
Agree fully. Even though I write for the Bona Blog, I'm a lifelong Cuse fan. Essentially the game plan will be to let Cooney try and beat the Bona D. Bona can extend with length on the perimeter but this game for Cuse is ripe to attack the paint. Guard play for Syracuse should dominate breaking down and dishing. With my heart it says close game either way, but my head says Cuse easily by 15. Like I said, I didn't write this preview, it's too close to home for me, I'm simply the guy who posts on behalf of our staff.