St. Bonaventure Game Preview from The Bona Blog | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. Bonaventure Game Preview from The Bona Blog

Not to backtrack on the season but since Syracuse is one of our marquee games of the season, St. Bonaventure fans and alumni have been debating back and forth on how they view Syracuse. More seasoned fans view Syracuse as a huge rival where a younger generation sees them as just another ACC foe who gives a road game to play up a conference.

Here's our take starting at 17:02 and let us know what you think?
The Bona Blog doesn't see Syracuse as a rival, end of story.

Not to backtrack on the season but since Syracuse is one of our marquee games of the season, St. Bonaventure fans and alumni have been debating back and forth on how they view Syracuse. More seasoned fans view Syracuse as a huge rival where a younger generation sees them as just another ACC foe who gives a road game to play up a conference.

Here's our take starting at 17:02 and let us know what you think?
The Bona Blog doesn't see Syracuse as a rival, end of story.
We play a lot of home games OOC in the early season. They make so much money it doesn't make a lot of sense to play many OOC teams home and home.

Given that, I would rather play a team with which we have some history than a team we rarely or never play. I was around for the games in the 1970s, when these programs were the best in upstate NY and fought tooth and nail to get an NCAA bid. Even though St Bonaventure hasn't been good for a long time, the name still has cache with me.

I also like playing schools from upstate NY. Props to the Bonnie fans for showing up...that was the biggest turnout for an away team in the Dome in a long while and the best I have ever seen from you guys.

Hope we schedule you in the Dome more often in the future.

Bona fans would certainly love a chance to play each year at the dome and perhaps a game at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester as part of the Bona initiative to market in Rochester.

The "rivalry" isn't necessarily a rivalry but could turn into a yearly game that preps both teams for January and February without much to lose from each side.