St. Johns just declared war on SU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. Johns just declared war on SU...

The announced attendance at the SJU RU game was 6,192 (per boxscore). This thread from the Rutty site has some interesting comments about the lack of support by the SJU fans. Boy talk about pot calling kettle black!

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=641&tid=161674394&mid=161674394&sid=988&style=2

(eliminate space in the name that shall not be mentioned)
This isn't new. St John's has had horrible attendance problems for more than a decade, especially when playing against D3 level programs like Rutgers.

I wonder if the B1G is going to force RU to play some conference basketball games in MSG, like they are with football games in at MetLife? I would wager that any B1G program, even Northwestern, will bring more fans to a game at MSG than Rutgers will.

I just realized the meme I created says Rutgers and not St. John's. Fail on my part, but it's still funny as hell!

St Johns --- with only a mediocre basketball program in their weapons store house --- declaring war on SU reminds me of the movie classic "The Mouse That Roared. In it the tiny Duchy of Fenwick declares war on the US fully expecting to lose and to enjoy the largesse that the US gives to countries it defeats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mouse_That_Roared

Of course in the movie the Duchy actually wins the war by accident.

Wait...St. John's still has a basketball team?
I mean, it only took them 4 years to respond to the "NY's College Team" campaign- waaaay too late in the game, IMO.
Kinda pathetic.

This isn't new. St John's has had horrible attendance problems for more than a decade, especially when playing against D3 level programs like Rutgers.

I wonder if the B1G is going to force RU to play some conference basketball games in MSG, like they are with football games in at MetLife? I would wager that any B1G program, even Northwestern, will bring more fans to a game at MSG than Rutgers will.
Would the Garden even allow Rutgers to play a home game there? Why? Let em play at Nassau (I assume its still standing).

Would the Garden even allow Rutgers to play a home game there? Why? Let em play at Nassau (I assume its still standing).

The garden has to pay bills; i'm sure if rutgers ponied up they could get a date there

I saw a Syracuse "New York's College Team" ad on top of a cab at Laguardia today.
Caught one on top of a cab in front of Grand Central just last night

There has been a rash of graffiti recently in NYC.
sj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom