St. Johns to ACC?? | Syracusefan.com

St. Johns to ACC??

Paiging St. Johns D1 football . . . . . . anyone . . . . . . . anyone . . . . . . . Hello?

If the ACC tournament is set for the next 10 years doubt they give this any serious thought for awhile.

An urban commuter school that doesn't play football? I don't think so.

An urban commuter school that doesn't play football? I don't think so.
Thank you Joyce...who would have thought this...who???
You are so right...and don't need my contact to confirm...

131769676239.jpg

Obviously this has no chance of happening, but here's the best part..."Would SJU be interested?"

SJU would be that baby on the Capital One commercial...'Do you like 50% more cash?'..."Nooo"

And the MSM wonders why nobody trusts them. I wonder how much SJU paid this guy to put that in a NY newspaper.

The media day interview with Swofford pretty much put to rest any talk of a basketball only, but I guess these people missed that. No 16th team until ND becomes full member, ie then we'll grab another football school to balance the divisions. Someone needs to email the Charlotte Observer article to this clown.

I thought it was referring to Rutgers.... S. Jersey Univ. am I wrong?

Of course the ACC would be interested.
They'd love to have a school in the NYC market.
Unfortunately, the closest SJU gets to major football is watching Syracuse games on TV.

And we should all be wary of a someone who is tweeting "rumors".

The ACC isn't raiding the Big East for the quality of Cuse and Pitt's football programs. Sorry guys but both are pretty bad. They did it to be king of basketball. SJU's media day was televised on espn who is the driving force behind ACC expansion. I'm not saying the "rumors" have any truth, only that it is an interesting day for it to pop up. Would SJU accept? 100% yes. I have no idea if ACC would take a bball only but it would be an easy transition for all sports except football of course. SJU is the only school in the ny metro market. If ACC has SJU and Cuse they have the gateway to NYC market totality.

Again, I'm not insinuating there is any interest at all. Just wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to grab entire NYC market with SJU and Cuse. SJU would never split any football money anyway. doubt it is true but certainly a rumor out of left field.

Sorry, SJUBall- it just doesn't fit.
Consider then that Nova (Philly), GTown (DC), heck, even Depaul (Chicago)...I keed...could be candidates as well, but you get the picture.
The next ACC addition will be contingent on ND going all in, and definitely having D1 ftball.
As for the rumor...well, it sells papers and adds clicks.

Sorry, SJUBall- it just doesn't fit.
Consider then that Nova (Philly), GTown (DC), heck, even Depaul (Chicago)...I keed...could be candidates as well, but you get the picture.
The next ACC addition will be contingent on ND going all in, and definitely having D1 ftball.
As for the rumor...well, it sells papers and adds clicks.

No doubt. I don't think it's true. Just saying that ACC and espn savor NY market far more than Georgetown, Nova etc. nothing would surprise me any more.

No doubt. I don't think it's true. Just saying that ACC and espn savor NY market far more than Georgetown, Nova etc. nothing would surprise me any more.

I just don't think that St. John's does anything to deliver the NY market. They've not really been relevant in basketball but maybe once or twice in the last 15 years as a Big East member. What would being in the ACC do to make them better able to compete than being in the Big East should have done for them over the last 15. Does anyone in NY watch them now besides St. John's alums?

Yeah I know Steve Lavin is there....things are different now. We'll see......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom