St. Johns to ACC?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. Johns to ACC??

Hope we can schedule SJU in the future. Would a home-and-home be 2 games at MSG?

The ACC is a ninja. The way this conference operates, there would be a press conference announcing a new addition before the rumor hit social media. Just sayin'.

The ACC is a ninja. The way this conference operates, there would be a press conference announcing a new addition before the rumor hit social media. Just sayin'.
Of course there are leaks and sources that provide information...but this is totally not true...bank it(however, #16 possibilities have been discussed...another thread had some good insights)

The ACC isn't raiding the Big East for the quality of Cuse and Pitt's football programs. Sorry guys but both are pretty bad. They did it to be king of basketball.

Neither. They did it for their brand.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, SJUBall- it just doesn't fit.
Consider then that Nova (Philly), GTown (DC), heck, even Depaul (Chicago)...I keed...could be candidates as well, but you get the picture.
The next ACC addition will be contingent on ND going all in, and definitely having D1 ftball.
As for the rumor...well, it sells papers and adds clicks.
Good post and correct...

shouldn't this be on the humor board...that way there is a real good chance no sees this

Neither. They did it for their brand.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Correct. The bball schools and the football schools that didn't get chosen (Uconn/Rutgers) haven't figured that out yet.

As far as the "rumor"? Not even worth discussing. Laughable.

If the ACC tournament is set for the next 10 years doubt they give this any serious thought for awhile.

I'm sure MSG put a clause in the BE deal (i.e. losing SJU, UConn, etc...) can trigger early contract completion without penalty.

This rumor sounds like they have been reading conference expansion forums. Adding SJU, Nova and GTown has some merit to complement Notre Dame...18 teams in hoops could work...but I don't believe it has any legs.

I'm sure MSG put a clause in the BE deal (i.e. losing SJU, UConn, etc...) can trigger early contract completion without penalty.

This rumor sounds like they have been reading conference expansion forums. Adding SJU, Nova and GTown has some merit to complement Notre Dame...18 teams in hoops could work...but I don't believe it has any legs.

If you don't play football, it's a non-starter. The ACC isn't dumb enough to relive the mistakes of the Big East

images

And Notre Dame???????????

Notre Dame is Notre Dame. They always have and always will get special deals. There are exctions to every rule and they are your exception.

This is also the pathway to eventual membership for all sports IMO. They are playing 5 games a year with ACC teams. Completely apples to oranges. No conference in their right mind is going down the hybrid road again. There is no monetary upside anyway to add the Georgetowns, St Johns, Novas. If you dont add value to the tv contract (ie play bigtime football), Then you need Not apply. Ain't gonna happen. That story was put out there by a program pining for the 80s.

Notre Dame is Notre Dame. They always have and always will get special deals. There are exctions to every rule and they are your exception.

This is also the pathway to eventual membership for all sports IMO. They are playing 5 games a year with ACC teams. Completely apples to oranges. No conference in their right mind is going down the hybrid road again. There is no monetary upside anyway to add the Georgetowns, St Johns, Novas. If you dont add value to the tv contract (ie play bigtime football), Then you need Not apply. Ain't gonna happen. That story was put out there by a program pining for the 80s.

Oh I agree...I was throwing it out there as a Strawman. I'd rather 16 all sports teams than a 14/18 hybrid but there are a few advantages particularly in the Olympic Sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom