Stanford Week Articles and Videos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Week Articles and Videos

yup. Still not sold the oline play has been all that good.. My McCord gets rid of the ball much faster and in better spots.

the run game is still barely a D level, if we get that up to a C+ that will help the passing game as well.
But you watch replays and you see mistakes all over in the pass blocking, but its being covered up with play calls and ball release.

Just watch the GT film review someone linked.
Barely D? What’s that based on?

There have been less that 30 called runs a game, tough to pile up yards if that’s the case, LQA is 6 ypc, he’s top 4 all purpose, with no return yds, and yards from scrimmage.

That’s not a D

Barely D? What’s that based on?

There have been less that 30 called runs a game, tough to pile up yards if that’s the case, LQA is 6 ypc, he’s top 4 all purpose, with no return yds, and yards from scrimmage.

That’s not a D
I base it on watching the game and seeing the complete lack of holes. Some of the best run plays had nothing to do with blocking but with play call and deception.

I base it on watching the game and seeing the complete lack of holes. Some of the best run plays had nothing to do with blocking but with play call and deception.
A lot of our long runs come from bumping it outside, but that often is the hole when you go 4 wide.

A lot of our long runs come from bumping it outside, but that often is the hole when you go 4 wide.
Ok.

our RBs have 10 runs of 5+ yds in about 50 attempts

The good news is very few going backwards.

USA and 20 tonight vs APP st.

We are not driving teams off the ball and we are missing blocks, which gets reflected in the PFF grades.
We have gotten the 3-4th and shorts by running mis direction because we cant drive off the ball.

Ok.

our RBs have 10 runs of 5+ yds in about 50 attempts

The good news is very few going backwards.

USA and 20 tonight vs APP st.

We are not driving teams off the ball and we are missing blocks, which gets reflected in the PFF grades.
We have gotten the 3-4th and shorts by running mis direction because we cant drive off the ball.
One of the biggest surprises to me in the game against Ohio was that our massive OL in size couldn’t just push and drive to open up running lanes or short yardage gains. Agreed, it’s been misdirection and scheme rather than brute push force to get those runs.

You'd think Stanford would have a great student newspaper. They don't have any stories about the game up yet. And the DO has this. It really is special.
I have read just about all the student newspapers over the years.

No one has one like the Daily Orange. It is the best one out there by a large margin.

One of the biggest surprises to me in the game against Ohio was that our massive OL in size couldn’t just push and drive to open up running lanes or short yardage gains. Agreed, it’s been misdirection and scheme rather than brute push force to get those runs.
I’m somewhat surprised too, but our guards are only average size, (maybe below For P4) . But perhaps they are starting over bigger guys because of pass blocking and making few mistakes. They were never known as roadgraders.

McCord not being a run threat allows D ends to be more aggressive on run plays, not worrying about QB keeper.

We are 10 of 17 in ACC in YPC. We would be 9th if McCord didnt take 3 knees for -5 at the end Vs GT. So right in the middle. I bet we are 7th in 2 weeks (after most teams play their FCS team). So perhaps better than average.

As long as LQA can average 6 per, we should be ok. But I would love to see lysander and wohlobaugh get some run in that capacity.

Last edited:
We also are starting to see some variation from just inside dive type plays.

Maybe we have sweeps in the arsenal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom