Star Trek Into Darkness | Syracusefan.com

Star Trek Into Darkness

Guinness

Living Legend
I will leave it to others for an in depth review and I am sure there will be some who disagree with me but for my money this was simply the greatest Star Trek movie ever. I cannot wait to see it again.

In general I am not a J.J. Abrams fan but if he does half as well with the Star Wars movies as he did with the Star Trek reboot we really have something to look forward to.

I will leave it to others for an in depth review and I am sure there will be some who disagree with me but for my money this was simply the greatest Star Trek movie ever. I cannot wait to see it again.

In general I am not a J.J. Abrams fan but if he does half as well with the Star Wars movies as he did with the Star Trek reboot we really have something to look forward to.
Both my sons saw this movie and were disappointed. One flat out called it terrible as a Kahn rip off.

I enjoyed the first one, can't wait to see the 2nd...

not gonna change your life, but it is a highly enjoyable summer popcorn movie

benedict cumberbatch was terrific . . . what a range this guy has, having played everyone Sherlock Holmes to Steven Hawking and now the mighty Khan

I have had a bunch of people tell me it was better than the first one, but read on many forums people hated it..

is it really a rip off if most people watching the movie have never seen the original from 30 years ago? i dont think its a rip off it the same series re boots and retells a familiar story.

I have had a bunch of people tell me it was better than the first one, but read on many forums people hated it..

is it really a rip off if most people watching the movie have never seen the original from 30 years ago? i dont think its a rip off it the same series re boots and retells a familiar story.
they made it quite clear in the original reboot (is that an oxymoron) first JJ Abrams film that this Enterprise crew was engaged on an alternate timeline - the meeting between the original and the new Spock led to the divergence. This film continued that, so that allowed them to introduce a character from the original series on a completely new adventure. There was no "rip off" because it is a new film (although they did make a very clear reference to the conclusion of Wrath of Khan . . . for that matter, they also made a subtle reference to Galaxy Quest).

they made it quite clear in the original reboot (is that an oxymoron) first JJ Abrams film that this Enterprise crew was engaged on an alternate timeline - the meeting between the original and the new Spock led to the divergence. This film continued that, so that allowed them to introduce a character from the original series on a completely new adventure. There was no "rip off" because it is a new film (although they did make a very clear reference to the conclusion of Wrath of Khan . . . for that matter, they also made a subtle reference to Galaxy Quest).

The divergence happened due to the Romulan interference in the original timeline (when the USS Kelvin was destroyed killing Kirk's father). Everything from that point forward (Kirk's delinquent childhood, his time at Starfleet Academy, Spock and Uhura hooking up, etc...) happened in the "new" timeline.

As a diehard fan of the Original Series, I'm not too crazy about the reboot, since everything I know about Federation history is now worthless, but newbie fans seem to love it.

The divergence happened due to the Romulan interference in the original timeline (when the USS Kelvin was destroyed killing Kirk's father). Everything from that point forward (Kirk's delinquent childhood, his time at Starfleet Academy, Spock and Uhura hooking up, etc...) happened in the "new" timeline..
yes, I stand corrected

not gonna change your life, but it is a highly enjoyable summer popcorn movie

benedict cumberbatch was terrific . . . what a range this guy has, having played everyone Sherlock Holmes to Steven Hawking and now the mighty Khan

He will be voicing Smaug in The Hobbit as well. Just a terrific actor.

Well ... it didn't suck.

But JJ Abrams loves to blow stuff up. :p

Well ... it didn't suck.

But JJ Abrams loves to blow stuff up. :p
I happen to know the lead pyrotechnician from the film . . . our boys are in pre-school together. he's a really cool guy, as you would expect from someone who gets paid to blow things up for a living

Galaxy Quest is pretty underrated.