starting 5 all stars | Syracusefan.com

starting 5 all stars

moqui

generational talent
Next years Laker's squad will start 5 guys who have made the All Star team at least once:
PG Nash
SG Kobe
SF MWP
PF Gasol
C Bynum

haven't looked it up to confirm it, but I heard on the local (Lakers) radio station that the last team to start 5 former all stars was the 1973 Knicks

Next years Laker's squad will start 5 guys who have made the All Star team at least once:
PG Nash
SG Kobe
SF MWP
PF Gasol
C Bynum

haven't looked it up to confirm it, but I heard on the local (Lakers) radio station that the last team to start 5 former all stars was the 1973 Knicks
I would have thought it was the Laker team that had Payton, Kobe, Malone, and Shaq. Why can't I think of the 5th starter on that team?

I would have thought it was the Laker team that had Payton, Kobe, Malone, and Shaq. Why can't I think of the 5th starter on that team?
probably Derek Fisher, who I don't believe was ever an All Star

probably Derek Fisher, who I don't believe was ever an All Star
I just looked it up. Devean George started the most games. Obviously, he was not an All Star.

I just looked it up. Devean George started the most games. Obviously, he was not an All Star.
I do see that Horace Grant started 10 games for that team, but all in replacement of an injured Shaq

Didn't the Celtics regularly field this line-up?
DJ
Ainge
Bird
McHale
Parrish

Didn't the Celtics regularly field this line-up?
DJ
Ainge
Bird
McHale
Parrish

Yes, but if I'm not mistaken Ainge wasn't an all star until later in his career [Sacramento, maybe?].

Could be wrong about that, but I don't believe he was an all star in Boston.

Edit--I was wrong. He made his lone all star game in 87-88, while he was still in Boston. Thought that it happened in Sacramento.

I also looked at the great Laker teams of the 80s, and they would have 5 or 6 former or future all stars on the team, but there would always be one regular starter (Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis) who was never an All Star . . . but they would always bring the likes of Bob McAdoo or Jamaal Wilkes or Maurice Lucas off the bench

How about the Celtics?

Rondo/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Shaq or Jermaine O'Neal? They must've started that lineup at some point.

Going back a ways. The 1961 Celtics...seven hall of famers.

Cousy, Sharman, Russell, Heinsohn, Ramsey, Sam Jones and K.C. Jones