Starting lineup prediction thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting lineup prediction thread

i have a lot of faith in him and he'll get about 20 a game. Just not start.

I'm going to go with BMK just to shake things up a bit and I agree that I think most are really selling him short and giving Xmas faaaarrrr too much love (at least at this point).

I'll go:
Triche
Jardine
CJ
KJ
BMK

Also, I know this is a starting lineup thread and so there's a pretty good chance it's Fab, but I'd bet money that the crunch time lineup is the one above.

Scoop
Triche
Fab
Joseph
Fair

CJ gets the nod. Christmas will play but JB has little patience for freshman mistakes.

Scoop (lock)
Brandon (lock)
Kris (lock)
CJ (most probable)
Fab (most probable)

I think this is right. The only thing that could change my mind is if glowing reviews of Rak start popping up this fall. Rak'll still get his minutes though.

To start the year: Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Southerland, Melo

First Big East game: Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Christmas, Melo

By Feb 15: Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Fair, Melo

Post your predicted starting 5 here, and we'll dig it up when game 1 tips off

1) Jardine
2) Triche
3) Joseph
4) Christmas
5) Melo

It's be Fair starting at the 4, with Christmas coming off the bench.

Yup
I think Fab is a lock, CJ/Xmas is the only question, but would be very surprised if its xmas.

Fair will start over Christmas unless the young player Melo's him... Very few freshman start if there is a qualified vet at their same position. However, we will see a big rotation for a long time this season, while JB plays matchups and figures out who he likes.

Fab and three others are locks.

Jardine
Triche
Joseph
Fair
de Melo

With the caveat that it's not as important who starts as it is how PT is distributed overall...

Jardine
Triche
Joseph
Christmas (I wouldn't have a problem with Fair, either)
Melo

1. Scoop
2. Triche
3. Joseph
4. Fair
5. Melo

If Melo finally winds up getting suspended for a few games, we'll have a two-headed 5 with BMK and Christmas splitting time. (Man, we're deep! :))

1st team
Scoop
Triche
Joseph
CJ
BMK

2nd team
MCW
Waiters
Sutherland
X-Mas
Melo

It's difficult for me to understand why some of you are putting Christmas over Fair. You are either underestimating Fair's worth or vastly overrating Christmas' ability. Fair is one of our most athletic and basketball savvy players in recent years. Christmas as a high school player was not consistent in his effort and is now a freshman learning the system. Unless he made some kind of astronomical leap in his game over the summer he will not start over Fair.

First three picks...
1.Scoop (no brainer)
2.Triche (Dions still a BEAST)
3. Kris (was there any ever doubt) Joseph

next pick.
4(at center) Melo Hopefully a low post scoring threat.

last pick

PF- completely depends on Melo's scoring ability. Its more on Melo then CJ,Xmas,JSouth.
Jsouth is also in the running he is the oldest of the three, superathletic, and can spread a defense with his perimeter threat for our isolation drivers.

We have atleast 4 6th men. :)

It's difficult for me to understand why some of you are putting Christmas over Fair. You are either underestimating Fair's worth or vastly overrating Christmas' ability. Fair is one of our most athletic and basketball savvy players in recent years. Christmas as a high school player was not consistent in his effort and is now a freshman learning the system. Unless he made some kind of astronomical leap in his game over the summer he will not start over Fair.

The question posed wasn't what we would do, but what JB will do. Fair is probably my favorite player on the team, and probably will be its second best player. But I think JB will see his skills as somewhat duplicative of Joseph and, with the questionable shooting from our guards, will really want Southerland to take the 4 position. So I think Southerland gets first shot. I also don't think that combination will work, and so I think JB will next look to put a big-bodied rebounder in the position (Christmas) before finally settling on the kid who just makes plays (Fair).

Post your predicted starting 5 here, and we'll dig it up when game 1 tips off

1) Jardine
2) Triche
3) Joseph
4) Christmas
5) Melo

1) Jardine
2) Triche
3) Joseph
4) Southerland- starts and we ride if he's hot. If not,CJ is in quickly and gets most minutes anyway
5) Keita- was 3 times the player Melo was last year

Not much doubt about the starting five (the 3 locks, Melo, and Fair). More interesting questions: (a) how long before Keita subs for Melo (over/under would be 5 mins) and (b) does Dion get starters' minutes off the bench?

Not much doubt about the starting five (the 3 locks, Melo, and Fair). More interesting questions: (a) how long before Keita subs for Melo (over/under would be 5 mins) and (b) does Dion get starters' minutes off the bench?
I don't think Dion gets starters minutes, not because of talent, but because of total minutes available and the two guards in front of him

I could see something like
Scoop - 30 mins
Triche - 28 mins
Dion - 22 mins

On Dion's minutes, I am looking for something like 2009-10, when Scoop got starters' minutes off the bench. Dion could be the best sixth man in the league. Depends, of course, on whether Dion brings the right attitude, an improved jump shot, better decisions. And, whether Brandon has made himself into a consistent scorer. Nice problem to have.

I don't think Dion gets starters minutes, not because of talent, but because of total minutes available and the two guards in front of him

I could see something like
Scoop - 30 mins
Triche - 28 mins
Dion - 22 mins

But Dion is better than one of those guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom