Starting Lineup Snafu... | Syracusefan.com

Starting Lineup Snafu...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Who is responsible for entering starters in at the scorer's table? Is it the director of basketball ops? The SID?

I guess each program has different roles and responsibilities on game days, but I find it very hard to believe that someone could screw up putting in #12 to start instead of #3. Unless the BC home scorebook took some liberties.

Its funny you say that I could have swore Keita started and we didn't have a gamethread going so nobody noticed. We pulled him out like 1 minute in though.

Strange enough Jerami had a better second half then first this time and I thought he started the second, and I was thinking to myself why isn't Jerami starting. I think we should start grant in the first and token start Roberson or Dajuan in the second.

So Keita Started by mistake, or did Jerami start?

I do the book at the college I work at... I hand the book to the coach that comes over with roster already entered. The coach is responsible to check off the players who are starting and crossing off players who are not suited up, and then initial the scorebook to ensure it's them actually filling it out.

Last edited:
As an SID, I will scream up and down if anyone tries to put this on the SID. It's absolutely not the SID's job to deliver the lineup. There has to be a manager or assistant coach who does that.