Starting lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting lineup

I wouldn’t be shocked to occasionally see a lineup of:

Kadary
AG
Marek
Quincy
Edwards

If Buddy and JGIII are having off games or are struggling to defend up top, I think JB has more options to get length on the court.

Kadary
AG
Marek
Quincy
Edwards

If Buddy and JGIII are having off games or are struggling to defend up top, I think JB has more options to get length on the court.
I think this largely (bigly) depends Marek’s three point shooting. And perhaps Quincy’s as well. I think that we always want three shooters on the court. If Marek isn’t up to the task, we would only have one shooter. It might work in small doses defensively, but potentially it could be a bad offensive lineup.

I just have trouble seeing us starting 3 guys who can’t/don’t shoot the 3. We started Jackson and AO together 10 years ago and even that was pushing it a bit for the era as far as having two purely inside bigs in there together- a lot of times we played better when we took one of the them out and had Wes and Joseph at the forwards.

Unless QG or Marek has really improved into a solid 3 point shooter, it’s hard to see AG not starting. IMO.

Exactly. Our system requires 3 guys who can hit a 3, a big rim protector, and a guard who can distribute the ball and get to the rim one-on-one. Some of these, of course, can overlap. But those are the elements of our "perfect" team.

Kadary
AG
Marek
Quincy
Edwards

Maybe against a team that is giving us the "Big Boi" treatment. But you can't play that team more than about 4 minutes.

Kadary
AG
Marek
Quincy
Edwards

Definitely more options. I still think there is an outside chance Kadary gets the keys day 1. The plan was never to give JG3 the keys, it happened because of injury and ultimately performance. But as good as JG3 was last year he also displayed many weaknesses and disadvantages as the primary PG/ball handler. JG3 is not a senior so that shouldn't keep him in the lineup. JG3 may be a better 6th man type because the jolt he would give a team is instant offense. A distributor/playmaker doesn't have the same jolt off the bench. Kadary has a unique skillset that no one else on the team does as a distributor and apparently penetrator.

Definitely more options. I still think there is an outside chance Kadary gets the keys day 1. The plan was never to give JG3 the keys, it happened because of injury and ultimately performance. But as good as JG3 was last year he also displayed many weaknesses and disadvantages as the primary PG/ball handler. JG3 is not a senior so that shouldn't keep him in the lineup. JG3 may be a better 6th man type because the jolt he would give a team is instant offense. A distributor/playmaker doesn't have the same jolt off the bench. Kadary has a unique skillset that no one else on the team does as a distributor and apparently penetrator.

If Boeheim will be willing to play Kadary and the kid from Illinois, then one of Buddy or JG3 sits down. Most of the time, that will be Girard.
This could be a really good team if he plays enough guys to keep them all happy, and feeling like they are each an important contributor.

I hope everybody gets some minutes, and enough chance to show what they can do. I hope JB doesn't run guys into the ground, like he has in a couple recent seasons. Buddy and JG are like young gun slingers. Play them 30 minutes a game, maybe even only 25 for Joe, and then you have a ripple effect regarding other guys who are going to get some extra time in the rotation, at least early in the year. Everybody can help this team. Give a bunch of guys a couple months, and then whittle it down to 8 or so.

Pretty please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom