Statistics and a Record | Syracusefan.com

Statistics and a Record

OttoMets

Living Legend
So does anyone remember that in 2004 or 2005 SU decided to start recording dunks as a statistic, mostly because Hakim Warrick dunked a lot and would become SU's record-holder in dunks?

Well I'm thinking SU could add a new statistic this year: two-point field goal attempts with a foot on the three-point line. Because I think this team would put that record at a height where nobody could touch it.

I have never seen anything like this. They must take 3 or 4 of these shots a game, and all four of the non-big starters do it. So weird.

So does anyone remember that in 2004 or 2005 SU decided to start recording dunks as a statistic, mostly because Hakim Warrick dunked a lot and would become SU's record-holder in dunks?

Well I'm thinking SU could add a new statistic this year: two-point field goal attempts with a foot on the three-point line. Because I think this team would put that record at a height where nobody could touch it.

I have never seen anything like this. They must take 3 or 4 of these shots a game, and all four of the non-big starters do it. So weird.

Yet we took 26 three pointers out of our 48 fg attempts this game and shot horribly making only 6 out of the 26. If we made those 2 just inside the arc , maybe it was a good thing last night. :oops:

Yet we took 26 three pointers out of our 48 fg attempts this game and shot horribly making only 6 out of the 26. If we made those 2 just inside the arc , maybe it was a good thing last night. :oops:

Does ESPN or anyone else still create those shot-tracker graphics? I'd love to review one of those for last night's game. We had everything: good threes spinning out, terrible forces, late-in-the-shot-clock misses, open misses, and two open Dolezaj makes.

But they all seem to go in, so there's that.

I call that shot " the Battle".
He's leading the country in "World's Longest-Possible 2's" this year, for sure.

Eli often shoots so far behind the 3pt line, that he'd need to long jump forward just to get to the minimum 3pt distance on some of those.
But hey - they're in rhythm, and they usually go in, and they count for 3 points, so keep on rocking, Eli!

I totally agree with your point OttoMets. This has been my pet peeve all year and seems to have progressed from Battle to Frank and OB. Can not recall if this was a repeating situation last year but has become real apparent so far this season. It is strange, as pointed out above, that many seem to go in. Probably should be happy we are scoring but I would reall hate to see us lose a close game and think back about the two or three that could have added one more point. I am not a basketball coach or player but wonder how do you correct this?

Devo screwed himself with that too sometimes trying to get as close as possible to the line.

Devo screwed himself with that too sometimes trying to get as close as possible to the line.

Yup, but at least he was aware, and deliberately going in the right direction. Brissett and Battle are backing their way into tougher shots.

Am I the only one who thinks back to Scoop Jardine every time there is a "No, No, Yes," shot?

My nickname for the Pearl was "Triple No YES!"

Two pointers that go in count for more than three pointers that don't.

much better to take a shot in rhythm then to force a shot to try and get your feet right where they need to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom