Stephen Bailey observations from practice today | Syracusefan.com

Stephen Bailey observations from practice today

Nice write up. Seems like everyone wants CJ to feel OK being the man.

Great write-up. Wasn't crazy about "Coleman attempted a number of pump fakes and reverse layups." Unless that's what he was supposed to do.

Great write-up. Wasn't crazy about "Coleman attempted a number of pump fakes and reverse layups." Unless that's what he was supposed to do.
I don't think Coleman is going to be a factor this year. I think Rak and Keita are far better defensively and Coleman hasn't shown anything on offense to suggest he is far better than them offensively. If we get scoring out of the 2G I am fine with it.

I don't think Coleman is going to be a factor this year. I think Rak and Keita are far better defensively and Coleman hasn't shown anything on offense to suggest he is far better than them offensively. If we get scoring out of the 2G I am fine with it.

Yeah, I've been wrong on these types of predictions before, like with Fab Melo, but I just don't expect much out of DC this year. He was soooooooo bad defensively last year and OK but not terribly effective offensively. Unless he's made pretty big strides in both areas, minutes are going to be tough to come by.

HCGMAC 2040. Now that he has swearing down, he's just got to work on angry stares and nose picking. Big shoes to fill. Luckily he has a few decades to practice

I'm not so sure he'll have to wait that long. It sounds like Gerry is in the beginning stages of Breaking Bad, so Hop may want to be careful if he uses Stevia in his coffee ;)

I'm not so sure he'll have to wait that long. It sounds like Gerry is in the beginning stages of Breaking Bad, so Hop may want to be careful if he uses Stevia in his coffee ;)

I have been obsessively watching Breaking Bad for the second time now that the season is over. I can't quit it.

"a bad shot is better than a good turnover"

questionable... a long rebound that leads to a fast break is basically a bad turnover.

I have been obsessively watching Breaking Bad for the second time now that the season is over. I can't quit it.

The show appears to be more addicting to many folks as the product the protagonist produces! I plan to watch it again as well. My friend and I were just last night wondering what made it so successful with such a diverse audience. When he mentioned his Mom was obsessed with it, I was about as surprised as I was hearing that from you :) I actually registered a domain for it, if for no other reason than to condition my brain to have such ideas sooner lol. If I knew anything about building a website I'd have something worthwhile up by now!

Only if he's keeping the ball high. He's a big man - he needs to go up strong and stop bringing the ball down for munchkins to strip.

Yes, he does need to go up strong but he needs moves to get around defenders who will be taller, longer, and more athletic than him. Zach Randolph doesn't dunk on anyone but he uses his body to make space and has incredible footwork downlow. DC needs to model his game off of him, I've been saying it for 2 years now.

I'm pretty sure Hop meant that in the context of the offense. I love that quote...

Only if he's keeping the ball high. He's a big man - he needs to go up strong and stop bringing the ball down for munchkins to strip.

He's not taller than a lot of centers, and he doesn't get off the floor at all. As much as he's gotten his shot blocked...he absolutely needs to improve on how and when to pump fake, and developing the knack for things like reverse layups at the right times would be nice too. Pump fake does not mean bring the ball down to be stripped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom