Stepping away from DM for a minute - 2 words I want to hear a lot tonight | Syracusefan.com

Stepping away from DM for a minute - 2 words I want to hear a lot tonight

This game is the ultimate no-win situation.

Except for the ratings. :)

True but I could live with the Tide winning again as opposed to the domers.

I enjoy watching both teams but the hype of the SEC and the Irish has annoyed me to no end so put me in the lesser of two evils camp and that would be the Irish for me. If the Irish win they will continue to rape NY but my stupid pride regarding the SEC being rammed down my throat by ESPN makes me dislike Bama more. Any way both teams can lose?

Cool dog.jpg

GO IRISH...ROLL THE TIDE!!!

Reasons to dislike both teams in this game. I'll just hope for a good one. Tired of the SEC winning everything, though.

The Irish have been humiliated for the past 25 years. Time for the SEC to feel failure.

The Irish winning this year can financially benefit all ACC schools. Plenty of time for them to suck again down the road.

Nice misdirection. When I think two words and Marsh, I think "". You got me this time.

I'd rather the Tide win, than to have to hear about ND and its greatness ugggg.

Just the opposite for me...I live in the Florida Panhandle...also known as LA (lower Alabama)...I am sick of the Tide...

What's the better outcome for Syracuse?

Notre Dame is more of a recruiting rival (relatively speaking - considering they actually recruit in NY), but they're somewhat affiliated with the ACC. So would it be better for Syracuse for Notre Dame to win or lose?

It is better for SU if Notre Dame wins. A national championship should be good for $500,000 extra per ACC school in the media contract Swofford is currently renegotiating with ESPN.

I'm a little tired of Saban, Bama, and the SEC, but I will never root for Notre Dame. I hope Bama beats them up as bad as Miami did in 1985, running up the score in Faust's last game.

I would never root for Alabama they have twisted the rules for way too many years going all the way back to Bear Bryant.

It is better for SU if Notre Dame wins. A national championship should be good for $500,000 extra per ACC school in the media contract Swofford is currently renegotiating with ESPN.
It would make wins against them in the Meadowlands more impressive as well...

From a Syracuse perspective - how do you not root for the northern private school over the SEC super-power?

I hate Nd as much as anyone, but we need non-SEC teams to win some, restore balance. If nothing else it gets ESPN to pause before they anoint the SEC as the best ever, forever.

I hope to be watching our future coaching coaching his last game at ND. LOL

Do you ever want ND to join the ACC? If the answer is yes, root for Alabama.

Do you ever want ND to join the ACC? If the answer is yes, root for Alabama.

I will NEVER root for Alabama...I am a NY Yankees fan, and if I a gun was held to my head was forced to root for either Red Sux or Alabama, would root for the Red Sux!!

I will NEVER root for Alabama...I am a NY Yankees fan, and if I a gun was held to my head was forced to root for either Red Sux or Alabama, would root for the Red Sux!!
If someone literally held a gun to your head and told you to root for Alabama, I'm pretty sure you would root for Alabama. No one's that stupid.

If someone literally held a gun to your head and told you to root for Alabama, I'm pretty sure you would root for Alabama. No one's that stupid.

I never said what kind of gun...;)