Sterling Hofrichter Named a Ray Guy Award Finalist | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sterling Hofrichter Named a Ray Guy Award Finalist

Has a school ever had a Lou Groza then Ray Guy winner in back to back seasons?
It has happened twice (soon to be 3 times ;) ).

In 2003, B.J. Sanders won the Ray Guy award, and the next year Mike Nugent won the Lou Groza - both from Ohio State.

In 2016, Mike Wishnowski won the punting award and the following year, Matt Gay won the place-kicking award. They were both from Utah.

In 2018... :D

It has happened twice (soon to be 3 times ;) ).

In 2003, B.J. Sanders won the Ray Guy award, and the next year Mike Nugent won the Lou Groza - both from Ohio State.

In 2016, Mike Wishnowski won the punting award and the following year, Matt Gay won the place-kicking award. They were both from Utah.

In 2018... :D
Those were in reverse order of the question... ;)
So, this would be a first!

disgusting. robbed. its whatever though. recruits are noticing us becoming STU

UK is playing in a bowl game and we are not. Have to figure that somewhat plays into it

We didn't get robbed, the UK punter had better stats, a great leg like hoff.hey, he had a great year and all the pub will land him in a pro city and that's great. Sure , would have been nice to win, but in the end...it's more about the ride that the result and Hoff gave us all and himself a great ride! Fun, intelligent, real, and most of all...legit!:) see you on sundays, Hoff. Keep working hard:)

We didn't get robbed, the UK punter had better stats, a great leg like hoff.hey, he had a great year and all the pub will land him in a pro city and that's great. Sure , would have been nice to win, but in the end...it's more about the ride that the result and Hoff gave us all and himself a great ride! Fun, intelligent, real, and most of all...legit!:) see you on sundays, Hoff. Keep working hard:)

Duffy had good stats - I didn't call this as robbery. Simply saying that UK is bowling and we aren't so that for sure adds another variable in Duffy's favor.

Duffy also had like 17 less punts which helps his average. also only 17 return yards and i think 2 touchbacks on like 60 punts for the Hoff is incredible

Duffy had good stats - I didn't call this as robbery. Simply saying that UK is bowling and we aren't so that for sure adds another variable in Duffy's favor.

Not sure if the bowling thing matters. Our games had more attention to wise based on our " predicted" success. Thus, we were on tv and in the spotlight more:)

Well...let's see what the NFL thinks about this. Congrats Hoff and it was a joy watching you do your thing and as a fan you were our security blanket that we could always depend on. Even added a FG or two.

Congratulations to you Sterling Hofrichter. I wish you only the absolute best at the next level. I will certainly miss saying "wow" every time you boomed one in the Dome. Orange Forever!!!!!!!