Steve Ishmael compared to these | Syracusefan.com

Steve Ishmael compared to these

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
SEC/National Championship receivers. Steve hardly gets any chatter as a top 10 WR in this draft, actually none.

Thoughts on how he measures up? Purely for discussions sake.

These dudes are burners and yes frosh. Insane talent...#11 for Bama and Godwin for UGA.

Ishmael will have the same issues with the NFL draft that Amba Etta Tawo had last year. With a good workout and combine and stuff he is a round 5-7 guy but could also be an undrafted free agent.

Ishmael wasnt a slouch as a freshman. He also had to deal with T Hunt etc.

Ishmael will have the same issues with the NFL draft that Amba Etta Tawo had last year. With a good workout and combine and stuff he is a round 5-7 guy but could also be an undrafted free agent.

Agree 100%, if Ish had elite speed he would have been an SEC receiver. Ish will do well getting drafted, Best case would be 4th-5th round but could very well go undrafted and most likely will, doesn't mean that he wasn't fantastic for SU this year

Ish would've been the #3 or 4 on the Georiga team. His hands are elite but a Georgia kid boots a pass and then takes the next 7 yarder 34 yards. The Georgia speed is unreal. The GA kid who ran the little out and up for the 80 yard TD just blew by the Bama corner. We have no one near that type of speed.

Last edited:
Agree 100%, if Ish had elite speed he would have been an SEC receiver. Ish will do well getting drafted, Best case would be 4th-5th round but could very well go undrafted and most likely will, doesn't mean that he wasn't fantastic for SU this year

In other words, if he had elite speed, he wouldn't be here.

I don't agree with the last part of your post [agree 100% about the size / speed]. There is a place in the NFL for bigger, more physical possession guys. WRs come in all sizes, and perform a variety of different roles. You can be a productive NFL player without having elite speed.

The workout is going to be tremendously important. Etta-Tawo flubbed his, and it cost him being drafted.

Imagine if we had Goodwin and Naji Harris at RB. Wooops. That's y Babers is saying 1-2 kids make such a difference. They change the game.

What if we had Robert Washington at RB, wearing #44?
Robert Washington, Charlotte, Running Back
Supposedly, he was special. I haven't seen him play. I like Naji Harris b/c he's fast and he's 6'2" 237 pounds. That's what we need. I mean, at this point, if I were Babers I'd have our QB handing off to converted LB's. Our running game was terrible, although there was a marginal improvement late.

Supposedly, he was special. I haven't seen him play. I like Naji Harris b/c he's fast and he's 6'2" 237 pounds. That's what we need. I mean, at this point, if I were Babers I'd have our QB handing off to converted LB's. Our running game was terrible, although there was a marginal improvement late.
Some of our current lb’s played rb in hs

In other words, if he had elite speed, he wouldn't be here.

He was recruited by Miami, Mississippi State, West Virginia and Louisville. Let's not act like Syracuse was his best offer. He could have played in the SEC. Alshon Jeffrey wasn't exactly leaving defenders in the dust at USCe. He was a physical receiver like Ish. His 40 time is .06 better than Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom