Stick a fork in UK | Syracusefan.com

Stick a fork in UK

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
No more Ryan Harrow, he left the team. Down to just Goodwin. Apparently some family medical issues, a sad situation for him.

Didn't see in any of the press releases or statements from Calipari that he was no longer on the team. It was stated that he left to go home with his Mother and that he had lost 7 lbs during a recent undisclosed illness. It was also described as a "family issue".

Some around the program have opined that he is having trouble dealing with the pressure of playing on the team. Nothing substantive other than that.

I hope that he gets things worked out for the best whatever the issue may be and can return to the team. If it were someone on Syracuse I would hope that fans from other teams would hope for the best as well.

Didn't see in any of the press releases or statements from Calipari that he was no longer on the team. It was stated that he left to go home with his Mother and that he had lost 7 lbs during a recent undisclosed illness. It was also described as a "family issue".

Some around the program have opined that he is having trouble dealing with the pressure of playing on the team. Nothing substantive other than that.

I hope that he gets things worked out for the best whatever the issue may be and can return to the team. If it were someone on Syracuse I would hope that fans from other teams would hope for the best as well.
They said on ESPNU about a half hour ago that he is no longer with the team.

He hadn't played since the opening game against Maryland anyways.

This really hurts them. That leaves Polson/Mays/Goodwin to fill duties, and probably takes Goodwin out of his comfort zone when he's bringing up the ball. He's a shooting guard, and probably hugely missed when he's not a true scorer. I'm sure they'll adjust, but tough break whether you like UK or not (I personally don't). I hope nothing too serious with Harrow. Seemed like a good kid, from what I saw from all access.

yes tough for uk but they can run their offense through wiltjer.. they crushed an liu team that will be fighting with wagner for the nec title, and a team that hung with mich st for a while in the tourney last year.

They'll be fine. Cal is good at transitioning SG's to play PG. See Tyreke Evans.

It just means that another scholarship opens up for them to recruit with.

Today's (Saturday) local paper says Harrow would likely be back today and practice Sunday. Haven't heard anything different from when he left the team to take care of a family matter with his mom for the weekend, not permanently. Don't know what the matter was. Even if he left for good, UK is far far from done, not a pleasant thought of course.

yes tough for uk but they can run their offense through wiltjer.. they crushed an liu team that will be fighting with wagner for the nec title, and a team that hung with mich st for a while in the tourney last year.
While they eventually ran up the score, they did not crush LIU. In fact, LIU was up by 6 points halfway through the first half. I watched this game, and it was close for a good part, Kentucky looking vulnerable.

During that show on ESPN, Kentucky All-Access or whatever it was called, Harrow didn't seem to respond very well to Cal getting on him about running the offense in practice. I actually commented to someone that he looked like he was a little in over his head and feeling the pressure of being given the keys to car all of a sudden. I hate Cal and UK but wish him the best.

To me, UK looks like a team that will get better late but could be an early tourney casualty if they don't find better guard play. This obviously doesn't help them in this regard. I still think they could be dangerous and pure talent alone, especially on their front line.

While they eventually ran up the score, they did not crush LIU. In fact, LIU was up by 6 points halfway through the first half. I watched this game, and it was close for a good part, Kentucky looking vulnerable.
I honestly think that some don't watch the game they look at the box score. How quick we forget they were in a very tight game just a few days ago against Morehead. They have some serious problems right now, will some be fixed? Yes. But we shouldn't assume they will be fine just because its Kentucky.

During that show on ESPN, Kentucky All-Access or whatever it was called, Harrow didn't seem to respond very well to Cal getting on him about running the offense in practice. I actually commented to someone that he looked like he was a little in over his head and feeling the pressure of being given the keys to car all of a sudden. I hate Cal and UK but wish him the best.

To me, UK looks like a team that will get better late but could be an early tourney casualty if they don't find better guard play. This obviously doesn't help them in this regard. I still think they could be dangerous and pure talent alone, especially on their front line.

Re: guard play, while Goodwin has been turnover prone and is adapting to a new role, he did come 1 reb and 1 assist short of the school's 1st triple double in 34 years. With only 6 real players, the margin for error is razor thin for them.

I honestly think that some don't watch the game they look at the box score. How quick we forget they were in a very tight game just a few days ago against Morehead. They have some serious problems right now, will some be fixed? Yes. But we shouldn't assume they will be fine just because its Kentucky.

I agree that you can't presume anything, especially given the potential loss of Harrow. But they won that game last night more than convincingly. I realize it was tight early, but they ran them out of the building. Blowout is a nice term for what transpired.

Agree. Whether they blow teams out by the end of the game or not, they should not have to struggle early with these teams. Notre Dame and Baylor coming up. Can you imagine what would happen if they were down 6 early against either of those teams? ;)

why is it that when uk is the topic of discussion things always get snarky? i did watch the game and while yes uk took time to take over, once they had control they ran away with it. i am not saying they are def going back to the final four , im just saying that while it feels good to see uk not look as good as last year, the reality is they have a lot of talent and noel gets better every game. if the walkon can bring the ball up the court 15 mins a game, goodwin is fine at the point as a combo.

why is it that when uk is the topic of discussion things always get snarky? i did watch the game and while yes uk took time to take over, once they had control they ran away with it. i am not saying they are def going back to the final four , im just saying that while it feels good to see uk not look as good as last year, the reality is they have a lot of talent and noel gets better every game. if the walkon can bring the ball up the court 15 mins a game, goodwin is fine at the point as a combo.
Apologies if that was me. Truth is, I just want them to suck badly. Aside from true fans of Kentucky, who would root for a team that gets 4 maybe 5 of the top 10 recruits when there are 346 other college teams fighting for scraps? It's an unfair advantage. It's like giving Miami Heat 3 lottery picks! Anyway, end of rant, apologies.

I prefer being a UK hater than a UK apologist. There is no middle ground when it comes to that school you are either for or against them. If you can still somehow defend a school with an arena named after Adolph Rupp (look him up), their fans ,and Cal to top it off than more power to you. It feels right to hate everything about that place in my eyes.

i hate uk just as much im no apologist- just trying to real. tee- i was merely being tongue in cheek :) just pointing out the intensity of hate with uk

i hate uk just as much im no apologist- just trying to real. tee- i was merely being tongue in cheek :) just pointing out the intensity of hate with uk
all good :)

I guess we can take the fork out now.

Back at practice on Sunday.