Still can't get over the 4th and 2 punt call | Syracusefan.com

Still can't get over the 4th and 2 punt call

Orangefan1

All Conference
It clearly killed any chance of us beating USC, which and it looks like we won't be playing them again for a very long time. Hopefully, we can play USC again at some point because it is a good barometer in finding out how far off we are against elite competition.
Also,
I am also absolutely pissed that this game wasn't at home. People would of showed up for that game in Syracuse. At least 45 k and it would of looked a hell of a lot better on tv then that show we saw on tv. I don't dislike the idea of playing at Metlife, but at least be able to draw 45k. All these alumni that didn't show up suck ass in NYC. It also reflects how and I feel very strongly about this why I believe NY, NY in general should break away and form their own damn state. They don't support upstate for a football game, only happy when we are winning and don't show support. Kind of feels the same way. NY takes all of upstates resources and takes a dump on us.

Wow you are all over the place here. Agree about the fourth down.

other than
It clearly killed any chance of us beating USC, which and it looks like we won't be playing them again for a very long time. Hopefully, we can play USC again at some point because it is a good barometer in finding out how far off we are against elite competition.
Also,
I am also absolutely pissed that this game wasn't at home. People would of showed up for that game in Syracuse. At least 45 k and it would of looked a hell of a lot better on tv then that **** show we saw on tv. I don't dislike the idea of playing at Metlife, but at least be able to draw 45k. All these alumni that didn't show up suck ass in NYC. It also reflects how and I feel very strongly about this why I believe NY, NY in general should break away and form their own damn state. They don't support upstate for a football game, only happy when we are winning and don't show support. Kind of feels the same way. NY takes all of upstates resources and takes a dump on us.

other than that last part you sound like Sean McDonough.....as he was saying the exact same things in chorus with a lot of us. I walked out right then knowing the inevitable would occur. Not since the '98 TN game have I been as pissed about a potential missed golden opportunity. Not to mention the message it sent to me about our coach. I'm certainly not a fire Marrone guy at this point because you'd have to be dense not to see the huge forward progress as a program but, man what a let down.

As McDonough said, that was the time to try and win the game. Epic (Marrone) fail.

Marrone may have fixed the clusterf#ck that was Greg Robinson, but Saturday showed he has not fully won me over. I would rather lose by 28 going for it rather than play safe and lose by 13. The punt in the first quarter AND the punt in the fourth quarter showed me all I needed to know about Marrone. I love the job he has down rising us up from the worst BCS school to a middle of the road BCS is great, but his in-game coaching decisions are a joke and our special teams are the WORST of any BCS school. We haven't returned a punt for more than 5 yards since Diamond Ferri and Steve Gregory were returning punts. I want to see a f#cking decent punt return once rather than seeing "fair catch" Ryan Howard, Steve Rene, Mike Holmes. Marrone has to go 6-6 to get a contract extension, 7-5 I am optimistic in his direction, 8-4 or better I am overjoyed, and 5-7 he gets 1 more year. 4-8 or worse he gets canned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom