still early ,but Cordy and Dowels | Syracusefan.com

still early ,but Cordy and Dowels

Cordy is out for a while, if not rest of year.

Dowels' knee buckled and he couldn't put any pressure on it.

Ungood.

Cordy looked like a broken wrist on TV. I am no doctor but something looked serious wrong either broken or dislocated.

I can't imagine Cordy coming back at all this year. Dowels looked bad too. Then we have to wonder about Ishmael too.

Doesn't matter both are done for a while if not the year.

If both these players are out, I think a 3 win season is in store. I don't think anyone can get that bent out of shape if we don't get much more than that.

3 corners and 3 safetys still have to make it through 10 more games healthy. Don't believe that to be possible at all

Doesn't matter both are done for a while if not the year.

When did Dowels go down? Was he the one in the endzone in the 1st clutching his knee? If so, he's not coming back, IMO

When did Dowels go down? Was he the one in the endzone in the 1st clutching his knee? If so, he's not coming back, IMO

I thought it was his ankle but I could be wrong either way he was in excruciating pain and couldn't not put any weight on that side at all.

I thought it was his ankle but I could be wrong either way he was in excruciating pain and couldn't not put any weight on that side at all.

OK.. That was it. Yeah I would be surprised if he's back anytime soon

So are there no position changes to defensive back, or is it under wraps?
Bradshaw, Womack, Avant, Perkins...

Regardless of the Monday depth chart, Babers will not release injury status until he has to by ACC (Thursday?).

Dowels can get a medical redshirt though I believe? Or did he redshirt for medical reasons before.

Only one redshirt year to a customer. Since his 2014 r/s was a coaches decision, there's no chance the NCAA will approve an additional one.

Only one redshirt year to a customer. Since his 2014 r/s was a coaches decision, there's no chance the NCAA will approve an additional one.

That is not necessarily true, a special medical red shirt can be requested and given by the NCAA, if injury occurs before three games are completed. This is only done by special request and is not a sure thing. It can only be granted once in a players career.

That is not necessarily true, a special medical red shirt can be requested and given by the NCAA, if injury occurs before three games are completed. This is only done by special request and is not a sure thing. It can only be granted once in a players career.

Only if you have a redshirt year available.

Same thing happened with Hunt.

He redshirted in 2011.
Played in 2012 and 2013.
Played half the season in 2014.
Played 1 game in 2015.

Not eligible for a waiver. His 5 year window closed after 2015.

I'm guessing Bradshaw is back in the mix at DB. What happened with Foster? I remember he had an INT during a scrimmage and had some small buzz. If two guys are out he's definitely going to play.

Chris Frederick had a nice ST tackle. He's a DB that will most likely get pressed into PT

Is the Cordy concern due to the fact that we have no capable backups or the idea that he's a game-changer? (I know he's a popular player on this board.) Because while he's been active in the past, I've always thought he's a shaky tackler and kind of a liability in coverage. Not sure he's a great fit for the current defensive scheme.

Only if you have a redshirt year available.

Same thing happened with Hunt.

He redshirted in 2011.
Played in 2012 and 2013.
Played half the season in 2014.
Played 1 game in 2015.

Not eligible for a waiver. His 5 year window closed after 2015.
There is a little wiggle room if you can document some sort of injury during the original redshirt year. That can be used in the waiver request and has been known to be granted a 6th year at times.

Hunt's issue was there was no documented injury during his freshman year and it was purely a redshirt due to coaches decision. Then the injury in his jr. year was a game too late to qualify for a medical redshirt. Had that happened a game earlier I think his waiver after his sr. year injury would have had a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom