Still in Good Shape | Syracusefan.com

Still in Good Shape

TacoTime75

(mostly) Silent Observer
While this weekend's lost was disheartening, at best, I still feel that we're in good shape as we approach February.

14-6 (5-2) with 5 (imo) winnable conference games up next. Lots of resume-boosting opportunities after that with LOU, Duke an UNC after this soft stretch.

They'll come out motivated on the road against BC.

While this weekend's lost was disheartening, at best, I still feel that we're in good shape as we approach February.

14-6 (5-2) with 5 (imo) winnable conference games up next. Lots of resume-boosting opportunities after that with LOU, Duke an UNC after this soft stretch.

They'll come out motivated on the road against BC.

We will be able to tell a lot more about this team after this week. Not happy with the way they performed Saturday but these next two road games are games you need to win if you are a good team.

We really need to go no less than 3-1 in these next four, and in order to put away bubble talk, 4-0.

the constant being on the bubble is getting old (like me). It would be amazing to get a scalp of the UVA, NC, or the dare I say sweep of Duke caliber. Realistically we could beat anyone remaining on our schedule, but just as easily look like my local pick-up game on Thursday night (read: not good). Know one knows which team shows up till tip, hell, the team could go from all-world to looking dysfunctional in the span of a minute of game time. It will be quite an interesting ride 'till selection sunday, and I have faith I will be checking the weekly/daily bubble threads in a few weeks until our name gets called. It seems like a yearly right of passage these days being a 'Cuse fan, but i'm all in! Let's get some boys!

OSU had a big win this weekend at Nebraska. As it stands now we have a road win vs Ken Pom #2 and Ken Pom #31.

If we win the games were favored in (at BC, FSU, BC, at Wake) that gives us 9 ACC wins right there. Let’s say we split the road games vs Pitt and Clemson. That’s 10 wins. That probably puts us barely in and squarely on the bubble. Then winning just 1 of at NC State, Ville, Duke, at UNC, Virginia would give us 11 ACC wins and 20 overall, I think at that point we’d be in.

OSU had a big win this weekend at Nebraska. As it stands now we have a road win vs Ken Pom #2 and Ken Pom #31.

If we win the games were favored in (at BC, FSU, BC, at Wake) that gives us 9 ACC wins right there. Let’s say we split the road games vs Pitt and Clemson. That’s 10 wins. That probably puts us barely in and squarely on the bubble. Then winning just 1 of at NC State, Ville, Duke, at UNC, Virginia would give us 11 ACC wins and 20 overall, I think at that point we’d be in.
Tell me if you heard this before: we need to win one or two in the ACCT to get in the tournament.

Tell me if you heard this before: we need to win one or two in the ACCT to get in the tournament.
That may not be true this year. If we aren’t playing on Tuesday we should be in a decent spot

Most likely.

On the bubble is likely the high water mark for this team... Which is certainly a lot better than being an NIT lock on selection Sunday... Which is ill dolly our low water mark, if we don't finish the season reasonably well.

other than DUKE down 2 we're feasting like carp on the bottom half of the conference.

true enuf . point being was we need some wins in the top side of the division. schedule has been friendly.

Agree'd...not gonna win all of them on the road at a top 10 opponent. They'll bounce back and be fine

I pretty much agree with your post, except for:

1.) I wish they didn't look so lethargic and got their doors blown off. A 10 point loss where we played them tough would have been easier to stomach.
2.) Your use of an apostrophe in the word "agreed" has me perplexed. :)

When did merely making the tournament become "fine?" Is that what our program is now? For a good part of my life anything less than a 4 seed was a down year.

I hear ya, but the fact is, unfortunately, other than our inaugural year in the ACC, this is who we've been and our new normal. :(