Still no spring depth chart? | Syracusefan.com

Still no spring depth chart?

CaliCuse

All American
C'omon oug its not giving away any plays or strategy even if they exist.:bat:

Funny. I just came on to say the same thing. Would love to see a new depth chart and updated measureables. Give us a li'l sump'n Doug.

C'omon oug its not giving away any plays or strategy even if they exist.:bat:

He doesn't want to welcome everyone to the Ashton Broyld Show yet.

If SU Football makes the news maybe people will remember that Doug is the Orange HC. Then the next thing you know sportswriters will be ranking him head-to-head against other Big East coaches in magazines like SI and Sporting News. Then all hell will really break loose on the Hill. Can't have any of that. I think it's best the 2-Deep remains a secret.

If SU Football makes the news maybe people will remember that Doug is the Orange HC. Then the next thing you know sportswriters will be ranking him head-to-head against other Big East coaches in magazines like SI and Sporting News. Then all hell will really break loose on the Hill. Can't have any of that. I think it's best the 2-Deep remains a secret.

The first rule of Syracuse football is you don't talk about Syracuse football.

The second rule of Syracuse football is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT SYRACUSE FOOTBALL.

Why do FB fans feel entitled to this information? I have never understood the fascination with depth charts or spring ball.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Why do FB fans feel entitled to this information? I have never understood the fascination with depth charts or spring ball.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2012/03/post_156.html

“We’re going to come out with a two-deep after the spring. That’s one of the goals,” he said.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2012/04/syracuse_football_coach_doug_m_2.html

Marrone said his three goals for the spring — developing chemistry, coming up with a two-deep depth chart, and becoming tougher and more physical — have been met.
“I think all of those things have been accomplished with the practices we’ve had,” he said. “The Spring Game, we’re just going to go out there and have a lot of fun.”

Exactly. I also don't understand why FB fans feel entitled to know the results of the games played too?

Imagine the advantage it would provide Doug & the team if all the football games were closed to fans, and nobody knew the outsome or score of the games, outside of the two teams competing, of course (and I guess the refs...maybe they could sign confidentiality agreements against telling people who won). Upcoming opponents would not know if they were going to be facing a winless team, or an undefeated team, or an average team...

Exactly. I also don't understand why FB fans feel entitled to know the results of the games played too?

I think you illustrate the whole "fascination" statement well. You are comparing a Spring depth chart to seeing the games as if they are on the same level. Really?... you are as interested in the spring depth chart as an actual game? If so, I think this is the crux of the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom