Still Not Convinced... | Syracusefan.com

Still Not Convinced...

mantonio

Starter
I simply refuse to believe that THIS team is as bad as they have played in the past 2 weeks.

I have an intuition (normally reserved for the girlies) that our beloved ORANGE will charge the field with a renewed sense of confidence & fire !!!

I truly feel sorry for the Trojans, as their arms go flaccid & their legs turn to rubber...

I hope your "intuition" is correct but I'm still on the fence for this one.

I
I simply refuse to believe that THIS team is as bad as they have played in the past 2 weeks.

I have an intuition (normally reserved for the girlies) that our beloved ORANGE will charge the field with a renewed sense of confidence & fire !!!

I truly feel sorry for the Trojans, as their arms go flaccid & their legs turn to rubber...
If nothing else, I love your spirit!

Just not feeling it this week. I will be happy if they cover.

This team isn't that bad ... the question is whether they will beat USC ... the poor play over the last couple weeks is IMHO a combination of a couple of factors ... none of which is talent.

Recall last year in Seattle, when UDub beat writers eavesdropped on Marrone giving the squad a blistering post-game speech.

There were a few opportunities missed that would have made it a contest at the end.

Thought the team and especially the defense took a lot away from a game we were never really expected to be competitive in.

At the end of the day, that's all I hope for, a "teaching moment" before conference play. That and NO KEY INJURIES.

This team isn't that bad ... the question is whether they will beat USC ... the poor play over the last couple weeks is IMHO a combination of a couple of factors ... none of which is talent.

Very good point and gives some reason for optimism. IF our coaches are as good as we believe this should be our best gameplan this year. They have current film on an opponent and theyve been working on this gameplan since preseason practices.

Very good point and gives some reason for optimism. IF our coaches are as good as we believe this should be our best gameplan this year. They have current film on an opponent and theyve been working on this gameplan since preseason practices.

Agreed. No excuses can be made about game planning/current film issues anymore.

Just not feeling it this week. I will be happy if they cover.

I agree. Just be competitive and show that we belong to an extent. Just dont want to see a 41-7 blowout where we are never in it. I would love to say I am confident and we can win but I just dont see it. Too much talent on their team and I am afrain it will show come Saturday night.

Something else to consider: USC's last two opponents are not impressive, & they needed some good luck to win those games. This Trojan squad is DUE for a loss, & WHY not at the hands of the 'CUSE?

Don't tell me Minnesota is a superior team over Syracuse. Two years ago, Syracuse wasn't good at all, & Minny barely won that game. This team is improved from that first Marrone season, & I must believe that Coach DM has improved his skills on the sideline as well...\

Pretty Boy is not very good, & his coaching will be called into question this weekend when Syracuse smacks his Greek tragedies back to Troy...

Love your optimism but it doesn't look good for us this weekend.

I just want to see FIRE in their bellies !!!

Even in a relatively competetive loss, I want to see them put USC through some suffering...

I just want to see FIRE in their bellies !!!

Even in a relatively competetive loss, I want to see them put USC through some suffering...

Haha, like someone already posted, gotta love the spirit. Will be rooting for the upset with very Orange tinted glasses on, with some reality sprinkled in that we are out talented across the board.

I still remember the game against Florida way back when we surprised the crap out of the Gators with some nice plays. Hope Marrone and Co. have a good game plan to throw Kiffy off balance.

GO ORANGE!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897