Stipend May be Overruled | Syracusefan.com

Stipend May be Overruled

Scholarship athletes aren't even allowed to have campus jobs in order to earn money. No wonder they sell their swag.

[
quote="VaSaltine, post: 122735"]Scholarship athletes aren't even allowed to have campus jobs in order to earn money. No wonder they sell their swag.[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that they can have campus jobs. One of our dlinemen last year (can't remember who exactly, maybe Perkins) worked at the Goldstein dining hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this will do is create a 1A and 1AA in BBall as well. It is a joke that there are nearly 350 schools all playing at the same level.

[
quote="VaSaltine, post: 122735"]Scholarship athletes aren't even allowed to have campus jobs in order to earn money. No wonder they sell their swag.

I'm fairly certain that they can have campus jobs. One of our dlinemen last year (can't remember who exactly, maybe Perkins) worked at the Goldstein dining hall.
[/quote]

Yeah, they wisely changed that rule a few years ago; some of the bigger state schools were abusing the jobs program, but forbidding players from having jobs was ridiculously unfair and really counterproductive.

[
quote="VaSaltine, post: 122735"]Scholarship athletes aren't even allowed to have campus jobs in order to earn money. No wonder they sell their swag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
My sources may be outdated as I'm referencing the mid 90's. Rules may have changed since then.