Stoops out at Arizona - Chris Peterson rumors swirl... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stoops out at Arizona - Chris Peterson rumors swirl...

Dana Holgorsen is a disciple in much more than just offensive philosophies. The whole James thing was an excuse.
It was also not the first time (nor probably the 100th time) he did that to a player. Adam was just lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) that CJ was his dad. Leach just hated CJ...

Dana Holgorsen is a disciple in much more than just offensive philosophies. The whole James thing was an excuse.

It all depends on you believe.. Plain and simple. Leach pissed off T Tech when he told them to take their original contract offer and shove it, interviewed for other jobs and supoorted the old administration that was squeezed out, the new chancellor had it in for him, wanted him out and tried to use the Adam Jones deal as the reason to do it. Does Leach spout off? Sure he does, but his kids graduate and they go to class, sure his methods are unorthodox, if you are one of today's helicopter parents like Craig James then he is not for you. For every Adam James there is a Wes Welker or a former player that stuck up for Leach. Leach got and everybody knows it

Leach drinks? BFD, show me a DUI, or something of that nature.

Guy supposedly was a drunk and out of control savage - basically Tech's version of Billy Gillespie. Think he is reportedly sober now but the guy had about 9 lives at Tech. They couldn't protect him anymore since the James thing went public.

Nonsense... it was political BS, had nothing to do with his drinking. Look at all the support that he had, where is the record? James and ESPN amd the new Tech administrayion railroaded the ing guy.

It depends who you believe, where are all the reports of Leach being out of control? DUI's, etc. It's BS. This is the same T Tech adminitstration that allowed Bobby Knight to cuss out belittle a female administrator and throw salad in her face in a public setting... I actually like Bob Knight but I think somewhere in the middle of the Leach mess lies the truth. I am sure Leach was a to a lot of people as well. At the end, he was just a disgruntled employee and didn't care about keeping his mouth shut, somewhat insubordinate I guess, but the A James stuff was a witch hunt ftom day one. Its not that hard to figure out, the administrators wanted him out and Leach didn't give a rats ass after awhile and told them to more or less off and I actually respect leach for the way he looks a a lot of things in life in general. When he gets the next job, I will write him an e-mail and wish him luck not that he will need it. I may look him up next time in I am in Key West..

and yes he is living in Key West and sober, well for now. How long can anyone be sober in Key West.

With Neuheisel on the hot seat, I'd think that UCLA would be appealing for Peterson - he stays out west, big name school, and USC is bound to feel some sort of effect from their issues. The timing seems right.

But I don't know if there's a story as to why he didn't go there a couple years ago when they had an opening. Was it an issue with the school or did he just realize that he had a better situation with the players he had in Boise? If the latter is about to change with upcoming sanctions, it might be time to get out.

Again, I think the only two jobs that Peterson hasn't turned down in the PAC 12 are Utah, Oregon, and maybe USC, although I wouldn't doubt if he was called when Petey stepped down.. He is a small town guy, under the radar, avid runner and kind of a granola type guy, dont see him anywhere but Boise or in Oregon possibly but who knows

I was a student at UofA during the john mackovic era, so Stoops was a great step up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom