Stop the Ridiculousness please | Syracusefan.com

Stop the Ridiculousness please

bothsocksup

Starter
Look, all of us knew how much we were losing this year. None of us before this season started could say confidently that we were gonna win 8 games. Many of us thought before the year began that this year could be a little step backward before a major step forward.

We lost our best Rb in Carter. Our best defensive players in Hogue and Smith. Our best punter in Long, and Senior leadership across the board. We have put in many young/athletic, but unexperienced players to fill the void.

Talent wise we were a better team last year, and experience wise, we were much better. I felt in my hear that this year, record wise was going to be a little bit of a letdown. I'm still a firm believer in coach Marrone and have no doubt in my mind that with another year of experience and a three year starting Senior QB, this team will be a much improved team.

Be patient Cuse fans, be honest to what you guys though would 'really happen' before the year began. If we win another game, were in a bowl and I think thats honestly the most many of us could have asked for before the year began

Again though... it's not the losses, it's that in these last three weeks (and also Rutgers), there is a tremendous disconnect and an absolute horrific brand of football we are playing. It's actually laughable at times how ridiculous our decision making is... and that goes for coaches and players alike.

I am losing faith in Marrone, but I have enough faith left to give him next year before I pick up my pitchfork... because we know the team just isn't meshing well this year, and perhaps there are much deeper concerns with this year's roster as well... but good God, I don't know if I can go through another season of playing this type of ball.

Again though... it's not the losses, it's that in these last three weeks (and also Rutgers), there is a tremendous disconnect and an absolute horrific brand of football we are playing. It's actually laughable at times how ridiculous our decision making is... and that goes for coaches and players alike.

I am losing faith in Marrone, but I have enough faith left to give him next year before I pick up my pitchfork... because we know the team just isn't meshing well this year, and perhaps there are much deeper concerns with this year's roster as well... but good God, I don't know if I can go through another season of playing this type of ball.

Marrone is buying himself some high expectations next year, which is not unfair. He has to produce next year.

Look, all of us knew how much we were losing this year. None of us before this season started could say confidently that we were gonna win 8 games. Many of us thought before the year began that this year could be a little step backward before a major step forward.

We lost our best Rb in Carter. Our best defensive players in Hogue and Smith. Our best punter in Long, and Senior leadership across the board. We have put in many young/athletic, but unexperienced players to fill the void.

Talent wise we were a better team last year, and experience wise, we were much better. I felt in my hear that this year, record wise was going to be a little bit of a letdown. I'm still a firm believer in coach Marrone and have no doubt in my mind that with another year of experience and a three year starting Senior QB, this team will be a much improved team.

Be patient Cuse fans, be honest to what you guys though would 'really happen' before the year began. If we win another game, were in a bowl and I think thats honestly the most many of us could have asked for before the year began

This has nothing to do with what we lost. It has to do with how we are losing. And who we are losing to.

44cuse

Well if my understanding of a rumor is correct there is a huge split in the locker room and you have a team divided. That would explain the awful execution ... bad penalties and play that is downright putrid ... the team's execution is a huge issue right now.

Well if my understanding of a rumor is correct there is a huge split in the locker room and you have a team divided. That would explain the awful execution ... bad penalties and play that is downright putrid ... the team's execution is a huge issue right now.
I don't get that -- a little division in the ranks (even a lot) isn't going to lead to stupid penalties or drops or conservative play-calling or getting stuffed on runs or giving up huge chunks of yardage to BJ Daniels.
There are a number of issues, but we also have a talent gap in some areas (WRs didn't show much last night except for Lemon's fine performance) and the defense simply isn't as good as last year. Nassib is an average QB who needs more from the running attack and his playmakers. LBs are a year away.

...and the hope or dispair is in the fact that this team probably, could have been, an 8 or 9 win season...AS POORLY AS WE EXECUTED...AS POORLY AS THE PLAY CALLING...AS POORLY AS DISCIPLINED WE WERE AND ARE...we could have been contenders...wow...we were THIS CLOSE

"A team divided" - What are the sides of the division?

...and the hope or dispair is in the fact that this team probably, could have been, an 8 or 9 win season...AS POORLY AS WE EXECUTED...AS POORLY AS THE PLAY CALLING...AS POORLY AS DISCIPLINED WE WERE AND ARE...we could have been contenders...wow...we were THIS CLOSE

Well, we're also dangerously close to being 3-7 and that's not including the late td win over Rhode Island.

Our problem next year is who on this offense puts any fear into you. NOONE! There is noone coming in to change that. Our running backs next year look pathetic. There is no speed and Ryans accuracy is what it is. Next year we have to play WV, South Florida, Rutgers & Cincy on the road. They will all be better than us. We also have to play "USC, @ BC and @ Minny. Where does anyone see 8-9 wins out of that.

I am more in this camp when it comes to the team. Progress in a footbal program is not linear. There will be ups and downs from year to year. You have to take a long term perspective - so long as the long term trajectory is on the upswing I will be satisfied. When I look back at the records of Ben & Mac I see very unenven play over a number of seasons before they hit their stride.

Having said that - I am not happy with the results this year. It is a rare occaision where we jump out to a lead and play with passion. That I put on the coaching staff. However, the lack of execution (the drops in the end zone) I put on the players. The second half of the season is where you see the character of a team and I do not like what I see.

I will continue to watch and support my team and coach. If we get into a bowl this year I will consider it a success - even with 6 wins. If we lose out (very likely) I will consider the season a disappointment and like the old Brooklyn Dodger fans, say Wait Until Next Year!

It's NOT about the losing!!!

It's HOW we lose. It's watching the SAME MISTAKES week in and week out. It's seeing NO improvement at all on offense to the point of regressing each week. It's the same friggin mistakes on special teams for 3 years now.

Nobody expected SU to win 9 or 10 games. But for crying out loud when you are fighting for a 6 win season at best in the worst conference in the land on Nov 11th something is seriously wrong. And some of you can apologize all you want for Doug but it isn't going to fly.

It's NOT about the losing!!!

It's HOW we lose. It's watching the SAME MISTAKES week in and week out. It's seeing NO improvement at all on offense to the point of regressing each week. It's the same friggin mistakes on special teams for 3 years now.

Nobody expected SU to win 9 or 10 games. But for crying out loud when you are fighting for a 6 win season at best in the worst conference in the land on Nov 11th something is seriously wrong. And some of you can apologize all you want for Doug but it isn't going to fly.

But, but, but he got us to the Pinstripe Bowl! I root for the guy to win, but at what point do the apologists realize that things aren't on the upswing like they say/think they are? Year 4, 5, 6?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom