Stop with the GRob crap if you want to forget how bad it was with the previous HC | Syracusefan.com

Stop with the GRob crap if you want to forget how bad it was with the previous HC

Our old HC did a pooch punt on the BC 30 yard line in the last game of the season in 2014.

He punted from midfield on 4th and 1 against Pitt with 5 minutes left down 28.

In fact I recommend everyone read this old game thread.

SU vs Pitt Gameday Thread...
We lost to Middle Tennessee State.

You want to rehire him?
no, I want to beat him soundly. not lose to a guy that we just fired. its embarrassing I mean come on. dino is supposed to be the savior and he got manhandled today.

I am not happy but I still think Dino's recruiting will make the difference.
The problem is our fanbase justifiably has lost patience.
patience? our fanbase has literally unbelievable patience. What are you talking about

no, I want to beat him soundly. not lose to a guy that we just fired. its embarrassing I mean come on. dino is supposed to be the savior and he got manhandled today.

MTS was 8-5 last year.

This was not an embarrassment- we lost in a fairly evenly matched game.

where we beat ourselves more than they beat us

MTS nearly beat itself with three early turnovers and a series of bad penalties.

MTS made a bunch of mistakes.

Both teams did.

It was a fairly even match. We failed to make plays when we had to make plays.

This loss was hardly a disaster and not a real surprise.

MTS nearly beat itself with three early turnovers and a series of bad penalties.

MTS made a bunch of mistakes.

Both teams did.

It was a fairly even match. We failed to make plays when we had to make plays.

This loss was hardly a disaster and not a real surprise.

id agree with most of this, the major surpsie for me was the fact that the 1st quarter offense acted like we didnt prepare for the blitz heavy shafer d

MTS was 8-5 last year.

This was not an embarrassment- we lost in a fairly evenly matched game.

This right here is what I call the sports version of "FAKE NEWS". MTU was 8-5 last year and aside from beating Missouri they beat a bunch of nobodies. Just like they always do year in and year out. They beat up on the Jackson St's of the world. Aside from Missouri last year they haven't beaten anyone good recently and maybe ever. Here are there recent wins...

2016--La Tech, FAU, FIU, Alabama A&M, Bowling Green, North Texas, Charlotte, Missouri
2015--Jackson St, Charlotte, FIU, Marshall, FAU, La Tech, UTSA
2014--Savannah, Western Kent, Old Dominion, Southern Miss, UAB, FAU
2013-Western Carolina, Memphis, FAU, Marshall, UAB, FIU, UTEP, Southern Miss,

I think the point is proven. Aside from a lucky win vs Missouri they haven't beaten anyone decent (even in the win vs Missouri, MTU gave up around 650 total yards to Missouri's offense and 350 yards rushing, and Missouri handed them a gift.) Let's not polish a turd here and make MTU out to be Michigan St. They are a run of the mill team in a bad conference that beats up on a bunch of nobodies year in and year out.

This right here is what I call the sports version of "FAKE NEWS". MTU was 8-5 last year and aside from beating Missouri they beat a bunch of nobodies. Just like they always do year in and year out. They beat up on the Jackson St's of the world. Aside from Missouri last year they haven't beaten anyone good recently and maybe ever. Here are there recent wins...

2016--La Tech, FAU, FIU, Alabama A&M, Bowling Green, North Texas, Charlotte, Missouri
2015--Jackson St, Charlotte, FIU, Marshall, FAU, La Tech, UTSA
2014--Savannah, Western Kent, Old Dominion, Southern Miss, UAB, FAU
2013-Western Carolina, Memphis, FAU, Marshall, UAB, FIU, UTEP, Southern Miss,

I think the point is proven. Aside from a lucky win vs Missouri they haven't beaten anyone decent (even in the win vs Missouri, MTU gave up around 650 total yards to Missouri's offense and 350 yards rushing, and Missouri handed them a gift.) Let's not polish a turd here and make MTU out to be Michigan St. They are a run of the mill team in a bad conference that beats up on a bunch of nobodies year in and year out.

They beat Missouri - they won eight games and they went to a bowl game.

And they beat us yesterday - they were physical, fast and by the second half figured out how to throw against us.

Those are facts.

And the fact is that right now MTS is pretty much an even match for us.

That was proven yesterday.

And they beat us yesterday - they were physical, fast and by the second half figured out how to throw against us.

Those are facts.

Give SU the schedule MTU plays year in and year out and SU will go to a bowl game too every year. Heck we would be at double digit wins every year most likely. So STOP with this they are even to us and such. They aren't. They play in a horrible conference and play against horrible teams and rack up wins vs nobodies. Yes they won yesterday but that has more to do with SU shooting itself in the foot and bad coaching by Dino than MTU playing a brilliant game because they didn't.

MTU beats up on a bunch of nobodies and trying to argue the fact they are good or equal to SU because of that is a joke.

Those are facts.

This is a very true statement and unfortunately for us extremely sad and disheartening for our program. The University's commitment to the program and our savior coach has brought us to the level and we are evenly matched with Middle Tennessee State.

Yipee! Strike up the band.

Give SU the schedule MTU plays year in and year out and SU will go to a bowl game too every year. Heck we would be at double digit wins every year most likely. So STOP with this they are even to us and such. They aren't. They play in a horrible conference and play against horrible teams and rack up wins vs nobodies. Yes they won yesterday but that has more to do with SU shooting itself in the foot and bad coaching by Dino than MTU playing a brilliant game because they didn't.

MTU beats up on a bunch of nobodies and trying to argue the fact they are good or equal to SU because of that is a joke.
We are in the ACC, there is no way we will ever have such a schedule.

Knowing this, Syracuse University as a whole should give the resources to be competitive in the ACC where we play. They should allocate resources accordingly and spend accordingly to improve the program.

If they are unwilling, we will see many more losses like this. Especially against the non P5 smaller directional State schools.

We are in the ACC, there is no way we will ever have such a schedule.

Knowing this, Syracuse University as a whole should give the resources to be competitive in the ACC where we play. They should allocate resources accordingly and spend accordingly to improve the program.

If they are unwilling, we will see many more losses like this. Especially against the non P5 smaller directional State schools.

Thank you as you just backed up my point. We will never have that type of schedule. So anyone saying MTU is equal to us or better because they win 8 games and go to a bowl. Look deeper into those 8 wins and understand they aren't equal as they beat up on the little sisters of the poor and once every blue moon they beat a P5 team. MTU is in a situation where winning 8 games and going to a bowl isn't impressive let alone equal to a school like SU. SU lost to MTU yesterday because of poor coaching, NOT talent.