Storming the court | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Storming the court

Is it ok to storm the court?

• We’re Syracuse. Such tomfoolery is beneath us as a program.

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • It’s ok but only if we knock off a top five (or top one) program

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • F@&$ YES YOLOOOOOOO

Votes: 40 28.2%

• Total voters
I'm going to sound like the no fun police, but that's ok. If you storm the court and injure anyone who is just where they are supposed to be and doing what they are supposed to be doing, I hope the consequences are severe.

But as long as it's safe, I'm ok with it.
And if you’re going to do something stupid like destroying the rim by climbing up the net, standing on the rim, etc. and then our team’s shooting falls off on the new replacement tight rim for the rest of the season….somebody please stop the dorks like that.

And if you’re going to do something stupid like destroying the rim by climbing up the net, standing on the rim, etc. and then our team’s shooting falls off on the new replacement tight rim for the rest of the season….somebody please stop the dorks like that.

Like, for instance, court-stormers wrecking the hoops after the UConn win in 2000 and then SU losing to Seton Hall the next week?

Like, for instance, court-stormers wrecking the hoops after the UConn win in 2000 and then SU losing to Seton Hall the next week?
That was what I had in mind.

That Syracuse fans storm the court is generally a reflection of how far the program has fallen.
We should expect to win every game as we used to.

Why should we expect that?

Think I've only done it once and was after a buzzer beater to beat Seton Hall sometime early 2000s.

Your mom's pole is missing a don't care option.
What Just Happened Reaction GIF by NBA

Storm the court for big wins or unlikely wins. Or just because you're young and there's so much excitement and you can't contain yourself.

There's so many drab and depressed "fans" of this team. I'm never going to criticize anyone for being too enthusiastic.

Rushing the court is a form of celebration. That's all. If you see the looks on the player's faces or hear their comments after the game, you would know they love the recognition and the excitement. Should we not do something the players like to appease the dullest members of the fan base?

"bUt YoU sHoUlD eXpEcT tO wIn"

So what? I expect Christmas to come, but I still celebrate it.

And no, you shouldn't "expect" to win every game. That's a delusional and sad way to go through life.

Expect nothing. Be appreciative and celebrate every good thing.

not a big fan of storming the court. not a fan of fans storming the exits early either.

I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but it’s August, so here I am.

Where do you stand? I’m also interested in where you came down on the “stand and clap” issue. I’m definitely team YOLO but I can’t stand clapping.

If you stand and clap, then sing the AMEN song and finally storm the court it will definitely have been a great game!!

This is what's wrong with court storming.
Beside the fact that SU fans should be above it...expecting to win every game.
(Personally, I'd make exceptions for rub-it-in wins over G-town and the national championship...physical injury risk not withstanding).

Our court-storming after beating UNC was a controlled, benign thing. Nobody got run into, shoved, tripped, etc. People just moved onto the court through designated areas and jumped up and down, celebrating with the players. It doesn't need to be a stampede.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom