Stricks unsportsmanlike | Syracusefan.com

Stricks unsportsmanlike

Was the weakest ever

He spun the ball on the turf after getting up. As soon as he did that the ref threw the flag

No motions, nothing. Just spinning the ball on the ground

A guy goes to the doctor and says: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

The doctor replies: "Well don't do that."

Act like you've been there before and don't give the refs a chance to throw the flag. I agree it was a nickel-dimer call but these calls are based on judgment. Sometimes they are culturally biased, for instance when refs from the deep south are officiating a game far north of the Mason Dixon Line. What may be incidental in upstate New York could be considered showboating in Kewanee, Georgia. I seem to recall a game where we got called two or three times for sock length violations.

Unsportsmanlike calls after TDs are way too arbitrary. Amazing that this has never been fixed. It's an emotional game. Calm down on the flags. Guys being excited after scoring big TDs should not negatively affect the outcome of the game. So stupid. I'm still bitter at the penalty against Oklahoma in '94.

Like I said in the game thread...we need robot refs. No biases.

9A9430F8-88F5-4EB5-A0C1-2EF7E00B5C2D.png
I guess given the way the rule is written almost every score is a penalty

I think after Feaster scored his TD in the first quarter he put his finger up to his face mask as if telling the crowd to quiet down. Why not flag him for that if a ball spin gets a flag?

I think after Feaster scored his TD in the first quarter he put his finger up to his face mask as if telling the crowd to quiet down. Why not flag him for that if a ball spin gets a flag?

Old guy in my section was absolutely heated for 15 minutes after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom